Posted on June 20, 2014
A workshop on “Innovation in the Knowledge Economy: Opportunities for Research & Cooperation in Lebanese Industry” was organized by the CNRS-L in Beirut, Lebanon on June 6, 2014 under the Patronage of H.E. the Minister of Industry.
The workshop, divided in two sessions; at presenting the following sessions:
Session 1: Presentation of the Innovation Report (based on a Survey Conducted in Lebanese Industrial Sector) – World Bank Project
Session 2: A panel discussion on “Innovation in Research, Education and Industry (Business Driven)”
Following this context, the CNRS invited Dr. Nicolas Rouhana, Director, to represent Berytech – as a panel speaker – along with:
– Hamid El Zoheiry, President; Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI)
– Fuad Mrad, Executive Director; ESCWA Technology Centre (ETC)
– Jacques Van Der Meer, Department of Innovation and Competitiveness European Investment Bank (EIB)
– Lamia Moubayed Bissat, Director; Institut des Finances Basil Fuleihan
– Daniel Joseph Abboud; Board Member, Association of Lebanese
The panelists animated the discussion around the Report “Innovation and Lebanon’s Industrial Enterprises: Status and policy Direction.” , and highlighted how innovation in the knowledge economy can yield to Opportunities for Research & Cooperation in Lebanese Industry.
The final report will be published by the CNRS following the seminar and will be available to all stakeholders later in 2014.
The first Internet Exchange Point in Lebanon (IXP) was officially launched on April 1st, 2008[...]
In parallel to the Menog conference held in Beirut, Berytech, as the host of Beirut IX, organized a[...]
June 8, 2011 was World IPv6 Day, the first 24-hour world-scale test-flight of IPv6 (the successor[...]