A workshop on “Innovation in the Knowledge Economy: Opportunities for Research & Cooperation in Lebanese Industry” was organized by the CNRS-L in Beirut, Lebanon on June 6, 2014 under the Patronage of H.E. the Minister of Industry.
The workshop, divided in two sessions; at presenting the following sessions:
Session 1: Presentation of the Innovation Report (based on a Survey Conducted in Lebanese Industrial Sector) – World Bank Project
Session 2: A panel discussion on “Innovation in Research, Education and Industry (Business Driven)”
Following this context, the CNRS invited Dr. Nicolas Rouhana, Director, to represent Berytech – as a panel speaker – along with:
– Hamid El Zoheiry, President; Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI)
– Fuad Mrad, Executive Director; ESCWA Technology Centre (ETC)
– Jacques Van Der Meer, Department of Innovation and Competitiveness European Investment Bank (EIB)
– Lamia Moubayed Bissat, Director; Institut des Finances Basil Fuleihan
– Daniel Joseph Abboud; Board Member, Association of Lebanese
The panelists animated the discussion around the Report “Innovation and Lebanon’s Industrial Enterprises: Status and policy Direction.” , and highlighted how innovation in the knowledge economy can yield to Opportunities for Research & Cooperation in Lebanese Industry.
The final report will be published by the CNRS following the seminar and will be available to all stakeholders later in 2014.