Are you a ’maker by heart’ that can pass your own passion for making on to young people, entrepreneurs, artists, teachers and makers?
Berytech Fab Lab is seeking an exceptionally talented and qualified individual to help us develop and grow our new Fab Lab. We need a motivated, proactive, enthusiastic and sociable person. Working with us is all about learning and sharing your knowledge with others.
We are in search of a candidate who brings a blend of design thinking, making, and arts, as well as hacking of physical and digital things, with an aptitude for managing, coaching, and teaching smart, highly creative makers.
The right candidate will work with the Fab Lab Manager to support him in daily Fab Lab activities, including but not limited to:
• Provide technical mentorship: Design activities, teach and support/mentor Fab Lab users to learn the skills of digital design and fabrication and guide them in making prototypes, products and projects.
• Guarantee Safe Operation of the Fab Lab: Oversee and ensure safety of Fab Lab users, and guests according to established protocols and guidelines.
• Create Awareness: Show visitors around the lab, and run the “Fab Lab Tours”. Create awareness among new users through talks and workshops.
• Facility operation & Maintenance: Oversee equipment usage and maintenance, including any necessary repairs or upgrades, to ensure users have functioning equipment.
• Managing Inventory of Consumables and Spare Parts: Order parts and supplies, and assist with maintenance of part and material inventories.
• Technical training and Support: train on tools and support certifying users of the Fab Lab machines.
• Logistics: Scheduling of Fab Lab users including individuals, groups, entrepreneurs, and collecting data as necessary and required to monitor Fab Lab usage and effectiveness in meeting strategic goals.
• Reporting: Facilitate as necessary periodic reporting of Fab Lab operations to the Fab Lab Manager and the Fab Foundation.
• Marketing: Participate in marketing and educational activities to highlight Fab Lab opportunities for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, educational institutions and others.
• Other: Conducts other duties as assigned.
People interested in this position must have the following required skills:
• The applicant must have a strong knowledge and experience of CAD/CAM and 3D Modelling software. The applicant must prove competency in the areas of industrial and product design, including sketching, 3D modeling, and prototyping.
• Candidates must speak and write in fluent English.
• Experienced facilitator, independent, and self-disciplined in managing his/her time.
• General management knowledge, problem-solving, organizational, and decision-making skills with a positive attitude.
• Experienced community builder for ’makers’ and Social Media communicator.
• Excellent oral communication and teaching skills.
• Ability to serve as a mentor to diverse user population, embodying both enthusiasm and professionalism.
• Bachelor’s degree in related area preferred (Architecture, Interior Design…).
• Competency in the areas of traditional and digital fabrication, such as use of CAD/CAM software, CNC machine operation, 3D printer operation and maintenance, electronics fabrication and testing.
• FabAcademy certified, and experience as instructor is a strength.
Berytech Fab Lab is an open-access digital fabrication lab bringing together a great community of makers and innovators, offering them access to a professional DIY studio in Lebanon. Berytech Fab Lab is approved by Fab Foundation and the lab is part of the Berytech Facilities.