Business Development & Program Officer (Social Entrepreneurship Project)
Reporting to: Programs Director
Works Closely with: M&E Officer, Finance Manager, Business Support Manager, Communication Manager
Day-to-day collaboration will be required with all team members to ensure the organization is able to achieve its objectives.
Position Status: Management – Full Time (contract based on a 2-year project)
This position will be available only if Berytech is officially granted the project (tentative start and end date: October 2018-October 2020).
The Business Development & Program Officer is responsible for the planning, management, development and implementation of the social entrepreneurship support program designed by Berytech, with a special focus on startups having social impact and active partners in the field.
He/she will be responsible for all the business development support program, following up closely with incubated startups and partners, assisting them with their scale up strategies and activities according to their needs, and reporting on their progress.
His/her role is essential to ensure proper implementation, support, and follow up on project activities and daily operations, including: incubation, business support and development, communication and outreach, budget, events, data collection and reporting.
The role of the Business Development & Program Officer is crucial in supporting the incubated startups to scale their ventures and business development activities.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and lead activities of the project to ensure that goals, objectives, and all elements are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters;
- Network and coordinate activities to promote and implement the project with partners, governmental organizations, private sector, non-profit and educational institutions, consultants, and other key stakeholders as needed;
- Provide technical advice and expertise to startup beneficiaries of the program
- Coordinate with the Department of Communication & Outreach for public outreach, press releases, outreach activities and events, public presentations of the work performed, and website development and content;
- Research partnership, connections and funding opportunities to better support the selected startups and help them grow;
- Provide and coordinate incubation, business support, and development and advisory services to the selected startups (coordinate the development, evaluation, and implementation of business support program goals, objectives, and activities related to business growth – develops, implements, and provides business/technical assistance programs and one-on-one follow ups);
- Work with local business leaders, entrepreneurial clubs and industry groups, business organizations, community leaders, and other economic development agencies to attract and develop the quality of business support tailored to social entrepreneurs’ needs;
- Select specific trainings for the startup/SME business community according to the need;
- Analyze and maintain an awareness of trends within social entrepreneurship programs adding value to the program where appropriate;
- Manage the KPIs related to business development, report on progress to management in a systematic way and recommend adjustments;
- Prepare and review project reports to be presented to the funding partner.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong project management and business development skills;
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Sociology or similar;
- Excellent team work, flexibility, leadership, communication, and managerial skills;
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar field (working with entrepreneurs or programs related to youth empowerment and startups);
- Familiar with the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Lebanon with a special focus, knowledge and interest in social entrepreneurship;
- Involvement/experience in social activities is a plus;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic. French is also preferred.
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by September 15 the latest.
We Provide Support And Growth To Innovative And Passionate Entrepreneurs. Initiated in 2002 by the Saint-Joseph University, Berytech provides a dynamic environment for the creation and development of startups fostering innovation, technology and entrepreneurship.