The Department of Communication and Outreach at Berytech is looking to expand its team by hiring an Events & PR Officer.
The Events and PR Officer at Berytech is highly involved in developing the outreach scope of the organization and contributing to marketing and communication activities, while supporting in identifying business opportunities and lead generation.
- Growing community engagement by developing, managing and implementing activities, events and projects such as corporate and community events, trainings, workshops, roadshows, mentorships, networking, hackathons, and ideation camps (concept, planning, logistics, follow up and PR)
- Developing and managing the database (communities, speakers, suppliers, media)
- Identifying new growth and fundraising opportunities
- Researching worldwide trends and innovative ideas to apply locally
- Participating in events to identify new practices and partnership opportunities
- Communicate and liaise with team members to understand the event requirements including event brief, budget, fundraising needs, sponsorship needs, target audience, program, partners, and objectives
- Develop detailed proposals for each event including the action plan, budget, timeline, venue, supplier, staffing needs, budget requirements, logistics, branding requirements, etc.
- Manage the event including invitation, communications, scheduling, venue details, setup, entertainment, catering, IT requirements, and branding
- Manage media relations including invitations and follow up, coverage and reports
- Keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials.
- Promote/sell sponsorship packages
- Liaise with community manager to promote the event to the public and the network via emails, website, and social media
- Brief the designer to develop communication material
- Develop post-event evaluation including data entry, analysis, lessons learned, and recommendations
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Degree: Bachelor’s or higher
- Experience: at least 2 years in Public Relations, Event Management, and Media Relations
- Languages: fluency in Arabic and English, French is a plus
- Knowhow: strategic planning, event planning, negotiation, report writing, research, budget management, logistics, photography, social media
- Life Skills: extroverted, dynamic, flexible, collaborative, resourceful, proactive, results-driven
If you feel that you fit the profile, please send you cv and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer the right ecosystem for innovative entrepreneurs to create and develop their own startups and SMEs, through research, incubation, business support, networking, mentoring, funding, access to markets, company hosting, and acceleration.