The Accelerator CTO plays an advisory and guidance role to startups in our programs. He/she is heavily involved in the technical aspects of product development from prototyping to finished products and provides strategic guidance to team members in ways that promote the organization’s culture and program objectives. The Accelerator CTO ensures the day-to-day smooth running of the program, with high levels of client satisfaction focusing on creating the best possible environment in which startups can grow and succeed.
This position requires a team player with leadership qualities, excellent communication skills, a professional and positive attitude, organization and dependability. This is a challenging role but at the same time makes available endless opportunities and learning.
Key Responsibilities & Scope of Work
The CTO will be completely responsible for leading the startups technical support and operations of the program. This would be inclusive of the following:
- Sharing knowledge and experience with startups, helping them to grow and develop;
- Overall planning the activities alongside the program manager, resources, skills and operations of the program related the technical development and growth of startups;
- Assisting program members in setting project objectives and deadlines;
- Overseeing the projects’ implementation of each startup;
- Guiding program members on the path to building finalized products and ensuring they are ready for the market;
- Supporting the Berytech Fab Lab activities by supporting the electronics side of the operation, and participating in promoting the makers’ movement;
- Events and workshops: planning various technical workshops, events and webinars for the accelerator, and executing the same with the help of team members and external consultants;
- Mentor Network: supporting in developing the mentor network for the incubator and working with them to make the incubated venture successful;
- Partnerships: supporting to forge partnerships with other organizations to provide services to the startups or the organization, marketing the program, sponsorships, etc. Liaising with the government and industries; and
- Participating in all required reports by providing input on support provided an impact made.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience as a CTO, product development, robotics, IoT.
- Deep analytical skills, enabling comprehension and development of complex business and technical issues, topics, and plans.
- Able to distill widely variant feedback into root cause issues and provide actionable feedback to stakeholders.
- Able to articulate pros and cons of design or architecture decision across a wide spectrum of factors – e.g. resilience, high availability.
- Ability to multi-task; balance short-term and long-term goals.
- Able to coach and mentor a broad array of startups.
- Assertive personality that can manage multiple project teams.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, a connector, with genuine interest in supporting the success of others.
- Able to influence in a highly matrixed and rapidly changing environment.
- Knowledge of technology trends, industry participants, and leaders in the developer community.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (oral and written) – French is a plus
The ideal candidate will be:
- Strong in problem-solving, at ease with numbers
- Excellent in organizational and analytical skills
- Results-driven, initiative-taker, proactive, resilient
- Diplomat with excellent abilities to motivate people
- Highly meticulous, organized, pragmatic, curious, motivated, positive
- Communication, management and leadership skills
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit by email to email@example.com, mentioning the position name in the subject line:
- Cover letter on why they qualify for the position
- CV, clearly demonstrating experience and skills
- Names and contact details of three references. References will not be contacted without prior consent.
Deadline for submission is September 22, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.