Berytech is looking to expand its team by hiring an Accelerator Technical Lead, who will play an advisory and guidance role to startups in our programs.
You will be heavily involved in the technical aspects of product development, from prototyping to finished products and provide strategic guidance to team members in ways that promote the organization’s culture and program objectives. Ensuring the day-to-day smooth running of the program, with high levels of client satisfaction focusing on creating the best possible environment in which startups can grow and succeed.
You will be working with all software/hardware/AI vendors to ensure architecture and quality of service.
This position requires a team player with leadership qualities, excellent communication skills, a professional and positive attitude, organization, and dependability. This is a challenging role but, at the same time, makes available endless opportunities and learning.
Scope of Work
- Share your knowledge and experience with Startups, helping them to grow and develop.
- Overall planning the activities alongside the program manager, resources, skills and operations of the program related to the technical development and growth of startups.
- Assist program members in setting project objectives and deadlines
- Oversee the projects’ implementation of each startup
- Guide program members on the path to building finalized products and ensuring they are ready for the market
- Support the Fab Lab activities by supporting the Electronics side of the operation, and participating in promoting the makers’ movement
- Events and workshops: Plan various technical workshops/events/webinars for the accelerator, and execute the same with the help of team members and external consultants
- Mentor Network: support the program manager in developing the mentor network for the Incubator and work with them to make the Incubated venture successful.
- Partnerships: support the program manager to forge partnerships with other organizations for providing services to the startups or the organization; marketing the program, sponsorships, etc. Liaison with the government and industries.
- Participate in all required reports by providing input on the support provided an impact made.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience as a tech lead, product development and software architecture (robotics and IoT are a huge plus)
- Great analytical skills, enabling comprehension and development of complex business and technical issues, topics, and plans.
- Able to distill widely variant feedback into root cause issues and provide actionable feedback to other stakeholders.
- Able to articulate pros & cons of design/architecture decision across a wide spectrum of factors – e.g. resilience, high availability.
- Ability to multi-task; balance short-term and long-term goals.
- Able to coach and mentor a broad array of startups.
- Assertive personality that can manage multiple project teams
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, a connector, with genuine interest in supporting the success of others
- Able to influence in a highly matrixed and rapidly changing environment
- Knowledge of technology trends, industry participants, and leaders in the developer community.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (oral and written) – French is a plus
The Ideal Candidate Will Have/Be
- Have deployed more than 5 solutions on production and provided support
- Have worked with 3+ frameworks with high quality
- Strong in problem solving, at ease with numbers
- Excellent in organizational and analytical skills
- Results-driven, initiative-taker, proactive, resilient
- Diplomat with excellent abilities to motivate people
- Highly-meticulous, organized, pragmatic, curious, motivated, positive communication, management and leadership skills
If you feel that you fit the profile, please send you CV to email@example.com including only in the subject email ‘Accelerator Technical Lead Position’. Also include a short paragraph (100-200 words) stating how your skills are a perfect fit to the position and describing your passion in helping startups to grow. Only resumes sent with this paragraph will be considered.
The ACT Smart Innovation Hub is a new approach by Berytech aimed at strengthening business advancement, economic growth and job creation in the Agri-food and Cleantech sectors in Lebanon. The project will run over 36 months from September 2019 to August 2022. It includes two accelerator programs – Agrytech and Cleanergy