The ACT Smart Innovation Hub by Berytech aimed at strengthening business advancement, economic growth, and job creation in the Agri-food and Cleantech sectors in Lebanon. It includes two accelerator programs – Agrytech and Cleanergy. Berytech is looking to expand its team by hiring an Agricultural Research Officer.
As an Agricultural Research Officer, you will support the Agri-Food Specialist in the advisory role to startups in our accelerator program. You will be involved in the agriculture startups, from connecting them to field experts, helping in prototyping of finished products and follow up on their progress and reporting to the Agri-food specialist.
You would also support in handling research and case studies to support the different agri-food programs within Berytech. You will be helping the Agri-food specialist in preparing needs assessment reports, designing the context and challenges of different calls for application and generating reports on the agri-food sector.
SCOPE OF WORK
The officer will be responsible for helping the Agri-Food Specialist in supporting agri-food related programs and teams across Berytech. This would be inclusive of the following:
- Events and workshops: Support in organizing various workshops/events/webinars for the program, and execute the same with the help of team members and external consultants.
- Prepare all required reports and maintain a comprehensive set of records on all related activities.
Startups Acceleration component:
- Pre-incubation: Assist in Flow generation, Screening of proposals, Research, Patent landscaping, working with entrepreneurs on market validation through the acceleration team.
- Mentor Network: Help in developing the mentor network for the acceleration program and work with the acceleration team to make the supported ventures successful.
- Acceleration and Incubation: Support formation of new business and keep track of the Incubation process; help the startups prepare proposals, connect to market, clients, users, get funding, etc.
Support for multi-projects in the Agri-Food Track:
- Pre-acquisition: Support projects design with research needed for the Business Development department to set the proposal.
- Implementation support: Assist outreach activities and beneficiaries acquisition and support with sector related linkages.
- Bachelor of Agriculture
- Passionate about innovation and knowledgeable about new technologies and trends in the Agtech
- Fluent in Arabic and English (oral and written) – French is a plus
- One to Two years’ experience in agriculture field
- Experience in supporting implementation of projects in agriculture, agribusiness, and value chains preferable product development/field experience
- Knowledge of technology trends, industry participants, and leaders in the developer community.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills, enabling comprehension and development of complex business and technical issues, topics, and plans.
- Ability to multi-task; balance short-term and long-term goals.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, a connector, with a genuine interest in supporting the success of others
- Results-driven, initiative-taker, proactive, resilient
- Highly-meticulous, organized, pragmatic, curious, motivated, positive
If you feel that you fit the profile, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, including only in the subject email ‘ Agricultural Research Officer Position.’ Also, include a short paragraph (100 -200 words) stating how your skills are a perfect fit for the position and describing your passion for helping startups to grow. Only resumes sent with this paragraph will be considered.
Berytech is an ecosystem for entrepreneurs, providing a dynamic environment for the creation and development of startups and SMEs, fostering innovation, technology and entrepreneurship in Lebanon.