About the Project
The Lebanon Enterprise Development (LED) is a three-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) that aims to develop Lebanese enterprises and increase jobs for Lebanese citizens. LED’s partner is Berytech Foundation for Beirut, Mount Lebanon, Bekaa, and South Lebanon.
Berytech is looking for Business Advisors for the Beirut/Mount Lebanon region.
The Business Advisor (BA) must possess a great sense of business and must have hands-on experience in the private sector with small to medium enterprises (SMEs). The BA will be responsible for making linkages, identifying sales leads and supporting SMEs in increasing their sales and growing their operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Use desk and field research creatively and independently to compile a list of sectors, industries and target companies to approach
- Use own personal and professional networks to make linkages, identify networking opportunities and initiate collaborations that will generate sales leads
- Engage with SMEs that could benefit from the program and onboard them after a criteria-fit assessment and initial needs assessment
- Understand the requirements of SMEs and source of business problems and suggest solutions accordingly
- Apply the buyer-led approach to LED Project beneficiary SMEs: produce what you can sell, not sell what you can produce
- Perform a thorough diagnosis of the SME; quickly grasp the challenges and recommend solutions as well as technical assistance allowing the beneficiary to grow their sales and create sustainable jobs
- Perform any special project or task as assigned by senior management
- Adhere to management expectations in terms of job performance targets sets and reporting
- Education: Master’s degree in engineering, economics and/or business
- Experience: At least 7 to 10 years of hands-on private sector experience, preferably in a position managing or assisting SMEs, as well as experience in ICT sales
- Languages: Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic. French is a plus
- Structured, organized and timely work
- Proficiency in writing and submitting official documents and technical reports in the English language
- Able to perform in a quick pace and a changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trustworthy and professional relationships with business owners and community members
- Maintain and develop a robust professional network
- Logical and analytical skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Interpersonal/People skills
- Professional commitment
- Willingness/ability to travel throughout Beirut & Mount Lebanon, as needed, to deliver on the assignment
- Previous experience or knowledge in the buyer-led approach
The Business Advisor will be hired on a six-months contract, with possible extension upon funding renewal.
Application Submissions Guideline
- Send your resume to: email@example.com mentioning ‘LED | Business Advisor‘ – and the targeted area: ‘Beirut & Mount Lebanon’
- Include a short paragraph specifying why your background and experience are a good match for this position
- Also provide in another short paragraph and using your own words, your understanding of the buyer-led approach and how you were able to apply it in your previous experience
Deadline to apply: February 28, 20120.
Initiated in 2002 by the Saint-Joseph University, Berytech provides a dynamic environment for the creation and development of startups fostering innovation, technology and entrepreneurship.
You can learn more about the USAID LED Project at berytech.org/business-support/usaid-led-project/