The Business Advisor (BA) must possess strong business acumen and previous experience in the private sector with small to medium enterprises (SMEs). The BA will be responsible for understanding the needs of SMEs and supporting them in setting their strategy, and planning activities in order to grow. The BA will do so using tools and methodologies, linkages, identifying sales leads, and investment facilitation as needed.
- Be resourceful and use desk and field research creatively and independently to compile a list of sub-sectors, and target companies to approach.
- Use personal and professional networks to make linkages, identify networking opportunities and initiate collaborations that will generate leads.
- Engage with SMEs that could benefit from the programs and onboard them after a criteria-fit assessment and initial needs assessment.
- Understand the requirements/ needs of SMEs and the source of business problems and suggest solutions accordingly.
- Perform a thorough diagnosis of the SMEs; quickly grasp the challenges and recommend solutions as well as technical assistance allowing the beneficiary to grow their sales, create sustainable jobs, and have an impact on their immediate environment.
- Apply the buyer-led approach to beneficiary SMEs: produce what you can sell, not sell what you can produce.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Master’s degree in business, engineering, and/or economics.
- At least 7 to 10 years in the private sector, preferably in a position managing or assisting SMEs, experience with women entrepreneurs is definitely a plus as the program will be targeting women business leaders.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic. French is a plus
- Planning and organizing.
- Analytical thinking.
- Customer orientation to deal with beneficiaries and donors.
- Proficiency in writing and submitting official documents and technical reports in English.
- Able to perform at a quick pace and in a changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trustworthy and professional relationships with business owners and community members.
- Maintain and develop a robust professional network.
- Logical and analytical skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Interpersonal/People skills
- Professional commitment
- Willingness/ability to travel within Lebanon, as needed, to deliver on the assignment.
- Ability to learn new tools and methodologies to perform the assignment better.
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit their applications here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Berytech is an ecosystem for entrepreneurs, providing a dynamic environment for the creation and development of startups and SMEs, fostering innovation, technology and entrepreneurship in Lebanon.