Berytech is therefore looking for four (4) Business Advisors to support SMEs in the Agri-Food Value Chain.
The Business Advisor (BA) must possess a great sense of business and must have hands-on experience in the private sector with small to medium enterprises (SMEs). The BA will be responsible for assisting and supporting SMEs in increasing their sales and growing their operations through tools, linkages, identifying sales leads, and investment facilitation when needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Use desk and field research creatively and independently to compile a list of sub-sectors, and target companies to approach
- Use personal and professional networks to make linkages, identify networking opportunities and initiate collaborations that will generate sales leads
- Engage with SMEs that could benefit from the programs and onboard them after a criteria-fit assessment and initial needs assessment
- Understand the requirements of SMEs and source of business problems and suggest solutions accordingly
- Perform a thorough diagnosis of the SME; quickly grasp the challenges and recommend solutions as well as technical assistance allowing the beneficiary to grow their sales and create sustainable jobs
- Apply the buyer-led approach to beneficiary SMEs: produce what you can sell, not sell what you can produce
- Education: Master’s degree in business, engineering, and/or economics
- Experience: At least 7 to 10 years of hands-on private sector experience, preferably in a position managing or assisting SMEs – agri-food businesses is a plus
- Languages: Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic. French is a plus
- Structured, organized and timely work
- Proficiency in writing and submitting official documents and technical reports in English
- Able to perform in a quick pace and a changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trustworthy and professional relationships with business owners and community members
- Maintain and develop a robust professional network
- Logical and analytical skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Interpersonal/People skills
- Professional commitment
- Abilities: Willingness/ability to travel within Lebanon, as needed, to deliver on the assignment
Application Submissions Guidelines
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to fill this application form adding a CV, a cover letter stating why they qualify for the position, and the names and contact details of three references. References will not be contacted without prior consent.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Berytech will work on several internationally funded programs to support SMEs in the Agri-Food Value Chain.