Berytech is looking to recruit a Business Support Specialist, responsible for the coordination and implementation of business support activities and initiatives for entrepreneurs in the context of Berytech innovation and entrepreneurship programs.
The Business Support Specialist will provide direct advisory for programs’ beneficiaries in the fields of business planning and access to finance. More specifically, the Business Support Specialist will work with the business support team and projects lab team to develop and implement incubation and acceleration programs. The Business Support Specialist’s responsibility is to be focused on entrepreneurs and their business’s needs.
The most important aspect of the role is to implement business support activities to develop the capacities of entrepreneurs at all stages, in addition to providing them with the necessary entrepreneurial skills and technical advice to start their businesses or to support the growth and expansion of their businesses.
The Business Support Specialist will collaborate on the design of programs and activities and will work closely with experts (coaches, mentors and trainers), coordinating their activities, collecting feedback and suggesting new expert profiles.
- Implement business support incubation and acceleration activities and initiatives targeted at program beneficiaries.
- Participate in the screening and selection of applicant startups/companies to Berytech programs.
- Initiate needs assessment and identify problem areas within beneficiaries and propose recommendations.
- Select specific trainings for the startup/SME business community according to their needs.
- Work closely with experts and trainers to develop capacity building curricula
- Provide direct coaching and training to beneficiaries including and not limited to, business planning and access to finance.
- Document policies and procedures related to business support activities.
- Participate in maintaining and developing the expert database and capacity building directory.
- Work with ME&L to provide needed data and information related to the programs and work on the learning and improvement.
- Participate in effective outreach strategies to recruit beneficiaries and work closely with ecosystem partners.
- Manage and maintain programs activities budget.
- Prepare progress reports for the programs.
- Analyze and maintain an awareness of trends within business incubation as a discipline and where appropriate, suggest changes in the nature of the services offered by the program.
- Work with the BDS team on the design of activities, coordination of program and the sourcing of experts, contribute with recommendations after collecting program feedback.
- Coordinate with the communications and outreach department to ensure that information is shared, and reach is maximized through personal and social channels.
- Coordinate closely with the projects lab team to report on business support activities, the status of beneficiaries and co-create business support initiatives.
- Collect relevant data collection needed for ME&L purposes and impact reporting
- Promote the mission and activities of Berytech in events at large, and on social media where applicable.
- Participate in exhibitions, conferences and other external events, and coordinate activities with relevant team members.
- Develop content for Berytech’s blog and newsletter.
- Perform any other tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned by the senior management or other key executives in the organization.
- University degree in Business, Management or Finance
- Experience 5+ years in a similar position
- People oriented and results driven
- Understanding of and interest in the entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Good presentation skills and team spirit
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit a cover letter and a CV by email to email@example.com, adding the job title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline to apply is April 10, 2021.
Berytech is an ecosystem for entrepreneurs, providing a dynamic environment for the creation and development of startups and SMEs, fostering innovation, technology and entrepreneurship in Lebanon.