Berytech is looking for an experienced Program Manager to organize and coordinate the Cleantech Track of the ACT SMART Innovation Hub. The Program Manager will manage the operations and administration, provide strategic guidance to team members in ways that promote the organization’s culture and program objectives, as well as oversee the progress of operations.
The Program Manager will be the prime interface with stakeholders in the Cleantech sector, responsible for managing the operations, planning, marketing, and development of this Track and supporting the Program Director. Ensuring the day-to-day smooth running of the program, with high levels of client satisfaction focusing on creating the best possible environment in which Cleantech related startups and SMEs can grow and succeed.
This position requires a team player with leadership qualities, excellent communication skills, a professional and positive attitude, organization and dependability. This is a challenging role which nonetheless makes available endless opportunities and learning for the candidate.
Key responsibilities and job tasks
The Program Manager will be responsible for leading the Cleantech Track ensuring that the Entrepreneurship programs and the Think Tank Working Groups growth are up to the program expectations. This would be inclusive of the following.
- Overall planning and administration the activities, resources, budgets and operations of the track.
- Events and workshops: Direct and organize various workshops/events/webinars for the program, and execute the same with the help of team members and external consultants
- Partnerships: Forge partnerships with other organizations for providing services to the startups to help in marketing the program, to get sponsorships, etc. Liaison with the government, academia and industries.
- Marketing the track and its Development: Be the face of the Cleantech track and actively promote it through various channels, work with the Communication & Outreach team on ensuring maximum exposure.
- Prepare all required reports and maintain a comprehensive set of records on all related activities.
- Liaison with other related projects related to the sector (consortium, innovation funds, etc.)
Startups Acceleration component
- Pre-incubation: Deal flow generation, screening of proposals, research, patent landscaping, working with entrepreneurs on market validation through the acceleration team
- Mentor Network: Develop the mentor network for the acceleration program and work with the acceleration team to help make the supported ventures successful.
- Acceleration and Incubation: Lead formation of new business and keep track of the Incubation process, help the startups prepare proposals, connect to market, clients, users, get funding, etc.
- Funding for Incubatee Projects: Work with co-ordination with senior management for setting up grant support and seed funds for startups.
Working Groups Think Tank component
- Membership: Support the Cluster manager with increasing the members number, quality and participation level.
- Strategy and connections: Act as a liaison between the track components and build linkages needed. Increase the impact on innovation, competitiveness and research to commercialization, by supporting and empowering the cluster manager and sharing the role in growth.
- Partnerships: accelerate the impactful partnerships for stronger links and impact to meet the strategic growth plan of the cluster, including academia, research, government, private sector and international linkages.
- Policy development: work with the Policy development partner to develop white papers to improve the business and innovation landscape in the sector.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience in a Project and Operations Management
- Bachelor of Engineering, with an M.E. or MBA is needed
- Budgeting and reporting, grant reporting is a plus
- Strong Personal Relationship Management skills
- Managing processes, developing standards, Promoting process improvement
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, a connector, with genuine interest in supporting the success of others
- Passionate about innovation and knowledgeable about new technologies and trends in the cleantech
- Able to influence in a highly matrixed and rapidly changing environment
- Understanding of what makes successful businesses
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, comfortable with new systems)
- Good Stakeholder management, previous experience with stakeholders like Chambers of Commerce, Cooperatives, government entities related to business development is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be
- Strong in problem solving, at ease with numbers
- Excellent in organizational and analytical skills
- Results-driven, initiative-taker, proactive, resilient
- Diplomat with excellent abilities to motivate people
- Highly meticulous, organized, pragmatic, curious, motivated, positive
- Communication, management and leadership skills
- 5 to 10 years’ management experience in a related field
- Work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to monitor program activities and outreach to the program.
Compensation & Application Process
Berytech recognizes that change is driven by involving the best people. Salary will be competitive and commensurate depending on the related experience and Education.
Interested applicants for this position must submit current curriculum vitae and the names and coordinates of three references. References will not be contacted without prior consent.
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit a cover letter and a CV by email email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Berytech launched its ACT Smart Innovation Hub program that includes two tracks, one for AgTech and one for Cleantech (renewable energy, waste and water). The program focuses on innovation and entrepreneurship support to startups, clusters and creating a conducive environment to scale the support and ecosystem.