Berytech is looking to hire a senior manager for its QOOT Agri-Food Innovation Cluster to continue in the mission to create a synergistic environment for SMEs and existing companies in Lebanon’s agri-food sector that fosters innovation, collaboration, prosperity, and growth. The role involves active coordination across teams and demands exceptional interpersonal skills and international networking.
Reporting to: QOOT Cluster Board [Operationally], Berytech’s Programs Director [administratively]
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB TASKS
The Cluster Manager ’s responsibilities will include Strategic & Board Management as well as Stakeholders and Members Support.
Strategic & Board Management:
- Implement and continue to improve the Cluster’s strategy with Berytech and the elected Board and building a long-term sustainable model.
- Ensuring the Cluster becomes partially sustainable within a year, and self-sustainable within two years.
- Enhance communications and marketing strategy to increase visibility of the Cluster.
- Growing a national and international network.
- Maintaining and developing positive working relationships with all internal colleagues, cluster members and external agencies and professionals.
- Organizing fundraising and other activities to sustain the Cluster.
- Acquiring and implementing joint projects for the Cluster members to cooperate on, including on large projects funded by international donors as the EU, USAID, and others.
- Present measurable data, statistical analysis results and different reports to the board members and if needed to the members.
- Proactively research and map international cluster opportunities and support the board in developing the cluster strategy to unleash the opportunity in the market.
- Ensuring the supervision and development of all staff in the Cluster, as well as mentoring and developing any employees that directly report to them.
Stakeholders and Members Support
- Working with different stakeholders into understanding the needs and opportunities of the Cluster and its members.
- Improving cooperation between member companies, associate members ,local universities, innovation stakeholders and international partners
- Generating economies of scale and synergy effects through cooperation between Cluster members and associate members
- Contributing to the continuous training of professionals in innovation and internationalization (technical and management)
- Providing specialized Cluster services to members and monetizing on them.
- Present a quarterly calendar to all members with all webinars, events sessions, and trade missions
- Create informative presentations; present and deliver information to potential members at members meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows, and conferences.
- Facilitate the opening new markets in and outside Lebanon in food, agriculture, and related sectors for Cluster members.
- Recruiting new cluster members.
The Cluster Manager we’re looking for:
- Understands the way both smaller and bigger companies work and can connect and align them.
- Has impeccable communication skills, as will need to communicate effectively with the members the Cluster supports, its partners, and a wide range of other professionals.
- Has a clear vision on what the role of universities and government can be in such a Cluster, but always acts from the needs of companies as a starting point.
- Ensures that spending is kept within budget, and that services have the resources they require to function effectively.
- Can gain the trust of Cluster stakeholders and build trust within the Cluster.
- Builds the face-to-face connections across the Cluster; building the ecosystem and increases the concentration of interactions within.
- Is confident in exploring new areas for collaboration, building joint action, business networks and consortia.
- Acts as a natural networker, a broker, a consensus builder, a bridge builder across the cluster
- Is well connected within their network and beyond and can draw in resources, knowledge, connections to support the cluster; is aggressive in identifying new business opportunities.
- Can respond professionally, quickly, and flexibly in any scenario.
- Is comfortable in leading, able to empower others, not seeking glory.
- Is transparent in terms of strategy, yet able to hold confidences.
- Is active at the Cluster’s periphery … where disruptions start.
- Has no vested interest in the Cluster.
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Degree: Bachelor’s or higher in Business, Economics, Agriculture Management or related field
- Experience: maximum of 10 years of relevant experience in managing and/or coordinating projects or operation of Clusters, Professional Associations, NGOs, or commercial private sector
- Experience in managing and integrating tactics and operation.
- Experience within the commercial sector
- Experience in fundraising
- Problem solving skills.
- Commercial acumen and Proven negotiating skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in matrix environment.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment, strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver efficient operational procurement in a challenging environment.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze complex data.
- Languages: fluency in Arabic and English, French is a plus
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the position name in the subject line
- Cover letter on why they qualify for the position
- CV, clearly demonstrating experience and skills
- Names and contact details of three references. References will not be contacted without prior consent.
Deadline for submission is 25/07/2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Championed by Berytech and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and supported by FoodValley Company, QOOT Agri-Food Innovation Cluster brings together SMEs and existing companies in Lebanon’s agri-food sector, creating a synergistic environment that fosters innovation, collaboration, prosperity, and growth. The core objective is to bring Lebanese agri-food industries on par with the most innovative economies globally, thus reclaiming Lebanon’s place on the world food innovation map. Our goal is to have a positive impact on the economic performance.