Berytech is looking to hire a senior manager for its QOOT Agri-Food Innovation Cluster to continue in the mission to create a synergistic environment for SMEs and existing companies in Lebanon’s agri-food sector that fosters innovation, collaboration, prosperity, and growth. The role involves active coordination across teams and demands exceptional interpersonal skills and international networking.
Reporting to: QOOT Cluster Board [Operationally], Berytech’s Programs Director [administratively]
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB TASKS
The Cluster Manager ’s responsibilities will include Strategic & Board Management as well as Stakeholders and Members Support.
Strategic & Board Management:
- Implement and continue to improve the Cluster’s strategy with Berytech and the elected Board and build a long-term sustainable model.
- Ensuring the Cluster becomes partially sustainable within a year, and self-sustainable within two years.
- Enhance communications and marketing strategy to increase the visibility of the Cluster.
- Growing a national and international network.
- Maintaining and developing positive working relationships with all internal colleagues, cluster members, and external agencies and professionals.
- Organizing fundraising and other activities to sustain the Cluster.
- Acquiring and implementing joint projects for the Cluster members to cooperate on, including on large projects funded by international donors like the EU, USAID, and others.
- Present measurable data, statistical analysis results, and different reports to the board members and if needed to the members.
- Proactively research and map international cluster opportunities and support the board in developing the cluster strategy to unleash the opportunity in the market.
- Ensuring the supervision and development of all staff in the Cluster, as well as mentoring and developing any employees that directly report to them.
Stakeholders and Members Support
- Working with different stakeholders into understanding the needs and opportunities of the Cluster and its members.
- Improving cooperation between member companies, associate members, local universities, innovation stakeholders, and international partners
- Generating economies of scale and synergy effects through cooperation between Cluster members and associate members
- Contributing to the continuous training of professionals in innovation and internationalization (technical and management)
- Providing specialized Cluster services to members and monetizing on them.
- Present a quarterly calendar to all members with all webinars, events sessions, and trade missions
- Create informative presentations; present and deliver information to potential members at members’ meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows, and conferences.
- Facilitate the opening of new markets in and outside Lebanon in food, agriculture, and related sectors for Cluster members.
- Recruiting new cluster members.
The Cluster Manager we’re looking for:
- Understands the way both smaller and bigger companies work and can connect and align them.
- Has impeccable communication skills, as will need to communicate effectively with the members the Cluster supports, its partners, and a wide range of other professionals.
- Has a clear vision on what the role of universities and government can be in such a Cluster, but always acts from the needs of companies as a starting point.
- Ensures that spending is kept within budget and that services have the resources they require to function effectively.
- Can gain the trust of Cluster stakeholders and build trust within the Cluster.
- Builds the face-to-face connections across the Cluster; building the ecosystem and increasing the concentration of interactions within.
- Is confident in exploring new areas for collaboration, building joint action, business networks, and consortia.
- Acts as a natural networker, a broker, a consensus builder, a bridge builder across the cluster
- Is well connected within their network and beyond and can draw in resources, knowledge, connections to support the cluster; is aggressive in identifying new business opportunities.
- Can respond professionally, quickly, and flexibly in any scenario.
- Is comfortable in leading, able to empower others, not seeking glory.
- Is transparent in terms of strategy, yet able to hold confidence.
- Is active at the Cluster’s periphery … where disruptions start.
- Has no vested interest in the Cluster.
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Degree: Bachelor’s or higher in Business, Economics, Agriculture Management or related field.
- Experience: maximum of 10 years of relevant experience in managing and/or coordinating projects or operations of Clusters, Professional Associations, NGOs, or the commercial private sector.
- Experience in managing and integrating tactics and operations.
- Experience within the commercial sector.
- Experience in fundraising.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Commercial acumen and Proven negotiating skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment, strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver efficient operational procurement in a challenging environment.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze complex data.
- Languages: fluency in Arabic and English, French is a plus.
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit by email to email@example.com, mentioning the position name in the subject line
- Cover letter on why they qualify for the position
- CV, clearly demonstrating experience and skills
- Names and contact details of three references. References will not be contacted without prior consent.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Championed by Berytech and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and supported by FoodValley Company, QOOT Agri-Food Innovation Cluster brings together SMEs and existing companies in Lebanon’s agri-food sector, creating a synergistic environment that fosters innovation, collaboration, prosperity, and growth. The core objective is to bring Lebanese agri-food industries on par with the most innovative economies globally, thus reclaiming Lebanon’s place on the world food innovation map. Our goal is to have a positive impact on the economic performance.