The Communication and Outreach Assistant coordinates department activities, manages information, and facilitates internal operations within the Department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB TASKS
The Communication & Outreach Assistant key responsibilities include:
- Implementing activities related to the strategic corporate communication and outreach plan for Berytech;
- Maintaining the database (communities, speakers, suppliers, media);
- Keeping record of all department meetings; and
- Preparing reports and presentations.
- Research worldwide trends and innovative ideas to apply locally.
- Participate in ecosystem events to network, identify new practices and partnership opportunities as well as contribute to Berytech’s exposure.
- Assist in the event requirements including event brief, budget, fundraising needs, sponsorship needs, target audience, program, partners, and objectives
- Assist in developing detailed proposals for each event including the action plan, budget, timeline, venue, supplier, staffing needs, budget requirements, logistics, branding requirements, etc.
- Assist in the event including invitations, communications, scheduling, venue details, venue setup, entertainment, catering, IT requirements, resources requirement (team, mentors, guests…), pictures, and branding
- Keep inventory of all events material (roll ups, flags, note pads and stationery, promo material, etc.)
- Maintain the calendar of content, and schedule content when needed on social media
- Keep record of all social media spending and liaise with the Finance Department for all invoices
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Degree: Bachelor’s (hospitality, marketing, management or PR background)
- Experience: at least 1 year in the field or proven experience in extracurricular activities during university
- Languages: fluency in Arabic and English, French is a plus
- Knowhow: event assistance, report writing, research, logistics, photography, social media, digital marketing , content development
- Life Skills: extroverted, dynamic, flexible, collaborative, resourceful, proactive, results-driven, organized
If you feel that you fit the profile, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter explaining why we should hire you and mentioning the title of the position in the subject. If you are more up to it, we would be more than happy to receive a video from you.
The Communications and Outreach Department of Berytech is in charge of all corporate and programs-related activities. The Department manages the website, social media, events, content development, and related trainings.