The Generation of Innovation Leaders – GIL Labs are designed as safe spaces where youth can meet, exchange ideas and learn about the digital economy where innovation, leadership and entrepreneurship strive. Youth can also use these spaces as workstations and meeting spots.
Berytech, with its experience in managing Innovation Parks and co-working spaces, and its multiple entrepreneurship and innovation activities, will leverage its resources to customize and develop the capacity of these locally-managed spaces and support them to emulate in spirit and function the co-working and innovation spaces run by Berytech.
To that end, Berytech is recruiting for a Community Building Expert, who will be dedicated over the course of one (1) year to building the capacities of these GIL Labs community managers, monitor and coach them and ensure deliverables are met. This person will conduct monthly visits to the Labs across all Lebanese territories, develop and facilitate workshops, run video conference calls with the GIL Lab staff, help them to develop their yearly plans and sustainability plans and support them with their activation practices.
In addition, Berytech will recruit a Consultant to support and oversee the content creation and provide input to the Community Building Expert on activation of these centers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB TASKS
- Co-Design and deliver workshops
- Work on an activation plan for the Labs by scheduling online meetings, phone meetings, and regular visits to the labs to assess their status and current activities
- Act as the Program Ambassador by helping lab managers assess their community needs, tailor and organize activities and events, and set out their outreach strategies
- Ensure activities and events are aligned with the GIL program’s directions and goals
- Help Lab managers organize networking events (such as debate nights, games and invite speakers to share experiences, etc.)
- Help Lab managers organize the number of participants during workshops and labs schedule
- Research and identify appropriate partnerships that will lead to long term sustainable relationships within the community managers and the labs
- Establish and maintain constant relationships and coordination between Lab Managers to facilitate the program execution and sustainability.
- Provide direction to the marketing/communications team in setting out the Labs outreach strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations within the community to learn about similar activities provided and share knowledge.
- Help the Lab managers develop their sustainability plan based on monthly and yearly progress, this includes guiding the Lab managers on schedules and budgets.
- Coordinate with team members to ensure consistency
- Participate in related events and networking opportunities when called upon
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Arabic and English (verbal and written)
- French is a plus
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Public relations, Media Studies, Business or related fields.
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Work Experience
- Three to five years of recent professional experience providing support services in a directly related unit or discipline and/or experience.
- Experience in launching community initiatives such as building an online forum, launching and creating an event series
- Experience in working with youth development programs in Lebanon
- Three to five years of experience with building offline communities and managing spaces
- Experience with designing business plans and business models for similar projects
- Well connected to community development organizations in Lebanon
- Required skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent meeting facilitation skills, including the ability to effectively present information to a wide variety of audiences
- Strong project planning and organizational competency
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal oversight
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Proactive, innovative, passionate and solution driven
- Creative and consistent
- Hands on experience with social media management
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the position name in the subject line
- Cover letter on why they qualify for the position
- CV, clearly demonstrating experience and skills
- Names and contact details of three references. References will not be contacted without prior consent.
Deadline for submission is July 3, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.