Berytech is the Lebanese partner of the ENI CBC Med funded GIMED project and is looking to hire consultants for the development of a circular economy acceleration and incubation for the GIMED program. As part of the project’s capitalization plan, Berytech is dedicating part of its ongoing services to specialize in green business development and support and aiming at strengthening the ecosystem of green business support organizations to better empower green entrepreneurs and SMEs. In consequence, Berytech is aiming at developing a “Circular economy acceleration and incubation program” with a regional dimension.
The developed program will act as a beacon of best practice locally and for the region to empower and grow green ventures. The consultant, with the help of Berytech team, will put together a green acceleration and incubation methodology to empower green entrepreneurs including, but not limited to:
- Tools, platforms, and networks already developed under the Switchmed program.
- Circular economy business strategies.
- Case studies and application exercises.
- Additional relevant resources and knowledge.
DEVELOPING THE ACCELERATION AND INCUBATION PROGRAM
The main objective of the consultancy mission is to develop a program toolkit that includes a unified methodology, tools, and application exercises to empower green scalable startups. This toolkit will be used by business and innovation support organizations to help their entrepreneurs.
Elements and methodologies to include:
- Development of green business model and plan leveraging on open innovation.
- Testing in the market and validation (green MVP development).
- Access to market and soft-landing guidelines.
- Green investment readiness.
- Types of green partnerships.
- Environmental impact.
The outputs of the mission are:
- An explanatory manual in the form of a toolkit including all tools, methodologies, guidelines, case studies and best practices on how to incubate and scale green startups.
- A PowerPoint summarizing the manual with professional design.
- These outputs will be promoted on Berytech’s communication channels and shared with the GIMED partners and the donor.
DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINE
The Consultant will start the work after the validation of their offer by the contractor and the signature of an agreement and shall coordinate with Berytech team for the strategy and implementation along the whole process.
- Concept note and outline – 3 weeks after notification.
- First draft of the manual – 7 weeks after notification.
- Second draft of the Manual + First draft of the presentation & design – 9 weeks after notification.
- Final manual + PowerPoint – 12 weeks after notification.
- All the deliverables will have to be presented in English and validated by the Contractor within one week after the submission, before moving to the next step of the assignment. In addition, regular calls will be organized with the contractor. The final manual should be presented to the contractor in a proper format including design, layout, and content.
- Equipment (if any), consumables, location rental, graphic design, should be included in the financial offer as a lump sum.
REQUIRE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The consultant shall be familiar with the Switchmed methodology or join forces with an expert in the methodology.
- Be an individual consultant/expert, firm, or association.
- Be able to comply with national fiscal context and rules for receipt of international funds.
- Partnership and subcontracting are allowed, provided that the legal applicant entity has a substantial role in implementing the assignment. The applicant will be the only legal entity with which the contract relation will be established.
- Have experience and track record in supporting green and sustainable entrepreneurs in Access to Finance, to Market, development of business plan, etc.
- Have knowledge or experience in sustainability/green investments / impact investment and circular economy.
- Excellent English writing skills.
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit the following by email to: email@example.com with the subject “GIMED Green investment roundtable for financiers”:
- Technical: The Consultant should elaborate on a specific methodology to conduct the work. An implementation calendar should be delivered, including potential roundtable dates.
- Financial offer: A lump sum for all costs related to the implementation of event and elaboration of deliverables.
- Profile and project references: The Consultant should submit professional CVs and project references on the topic.
If you have questions concerning this ToR, please contact: Elise.firstname.lastname@example.org and Procurement@berytech.org
Deadline to apply is March 28, 2023, the latest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Berytech is an ecosystem for entrepreneurs, providing a dynamic environment for the creation and development of startups and SMEs, fostering innovation, technology and entrepreneurship in Lebanon.