The Communications and Outreach Department at Berytech is in charge of all the communications and outreach activities for all the programs, activities and projects. This includes content development and management, events planning and management, web development, design development, digital marketing, database management, and social media management.
The Department is in charge of the following online assets: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and the BerytechBeat newsletter Beat 106 (example).
Berytech is looking for a new Director of Communications and Outreach, in charge of the overall corporate image and exposure of Berytech to the outside world. This position is available starting May 2021.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB TASKS
The Director is in charge of the design, planning and development of strategic corporate communications and outreach for Berytech entities, oversees the implementation of the related activities, develops new and innovative communications and outreach projects, and focuses on the communications and outreach advisory for the Community.
The Director is responsible for leading and implementing the strategy to attract entrepreneurs and want-to-be entrepreneurs to be actively involved in Berytech-related programs, which will generate proper deal flow, keep Berytech as the option of choice, and attract the right caliber of tenant companies and incubated entrepreneurs to the Innovation Parks.
The Director is responsible for building bridges and identifying support deals with corporations and other support organizations, private and public sectors that can enhance Berytech’s Community and support to its programs. The Director is also responsible for building and maintaining local and regional media relations, focusing on Berytech and its community of entrepreneurs.
- Assume responsibility for marketing/promoting the facilities, public relations for Berytech and related entities.
- Provide the strategic planning to the communication and outreach activities by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, competencies and values are developed in order to meet and exceed the goals of the Communications and Outreach plan
- Develop the annual Communications and Outreach plan and budget for the organization
- Develop programs and initiatives, and be part of current programs and initiatives, in line with Berytech overall strategy focusing on communications and outreach
- Be part of Berytech strategic committee to support and develop overall strategic direction
- Possibility to develop/lead potential initiatives on the ecosystem level that add value to Berytech, in line with our strategic corporate entities, when feasible
- Participate in establishing relationships with appropriate economic development organizations, financial institutions, business support organizations, community leaders and other resources
- Develop partnerships and lead the related output initiatives in coordination with the team involved
- Develop synergies with existing (local, regional) innovation structures and entrepreneurial initiatives, in synergy with Berytech resources and opportunities (Innovation Parks, Funds, Business Support, Fab Lab, etc.) making sure to grow Berytech pipeline and add value (services, support, etc.) to current hosted community
- Design and implement overall communications channels, including current Berytech entities and upcoming ones (Berytech, Berytech Fund, facilities, etc.), featuring:
- Corporate Communications channels
- Program design, events and initiatives outreach
- Oversee and supervise the implementation of operational communications activities (events, communications campaigns, digital channels…)
- Ensure that the communications objectives are implemented by the operational team
- Work in synergy/collaboration with Berytech entities
- Lead on the development and publishing of the yearly impact report
Communications and Outreach Advisory (Part of Business Support)
- Work closely and be part of the advisory/support team in the field of communications, outreach, marketing, and innovation (community, programs/training participants, fund when needed) and when feasible develop communications and outreach initiatives for the benefit of the Community
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Degree: BSc/BA diploma in communications, marketing or a relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- Experience: at least 10 years in Communications, PR and Marketing; experience within the entrepreneurship ecosystem is a plus
- Knowhow: Proven experience as a Communications/Marketing Director, excellent knowledge of social media management, excellent content development skills, experience in communication for fundraising and running fundraising activities, experience with digital communication and new tools
- Life Skills: Outstanding leadership and organizational skills, excellent communications skills, influencer, excellent problem-solving ability, astute attention to detail
Ideal Competencies – Proven Track
- Design, planning and development of strategic corporate communications and outreach
- Digital marketing planning and implementation
- Budget planning
- Proposal and report writing and development
- Content development, editing and translation
- Project management and strategic planning
- Events management
- Social media management
- Media relations
- Public relations
- Crisis management
- Team Management
- All MS Office
- Online communication tools (Zoom, Teams, Slack, etc.)
- Social media planning tools (Hootsuite, etc.)
- Website development tools (WordPress, etc.)
- Digital analytics tools (Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Twitter Analytics, LinkedIn Analytics, etc.)
- Event management tools (Hopin, Eventbrite, etc.)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) is a plus
Fluency in Arabic, English and French
If you fit the profile, please email your most up-to-date CV as well as a cover letter to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the “Director of Communications & Outreach” position in the subject.
The cover letter needs to clearly present your knowhow and life skills. You may add documents which you feel demonstrate your skills and previous successes. Sending a video of yourself arguing why Berytech should hire you is a plus (send a YouTube link, or the likes).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Communications and Outreach Department at Berytech is in charge of all the communication and outreach activities for all the programs, activities and projects.