Berytech is looking for a Human Resource Director to support its mission to grow and impact on the Lebanese economy.
The candidate is expected to be a seasoned HR professional with 10-15 years-experience in a fast-paced organization, to have a 360o knowledge of the HR role to be filled, to be resourceful with good communication skills, and with meticulous attention to detail. The candidate should have previous experience working on developing skills of employees and consultants and maintaining high levels of confidentiality.
The position requires a team player, with a customer-centric attitude, excellent communication skills, a professional and positive attitude, as well as impeccable organizational skills.
This position may require to be present some evenings and on weekends.
Scope of Work
The Human Resource Director will lead and direct the functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, team learning and development, career development, leave applications, and enforcing company policies and practices. This would be inclusive but not limited to the following.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall organization strategy
- Manage the recruitment and selection process of new team members
- Improve the performance appraisal system and manage it to drive employees’ high performance
- Assess training and development needs of the team members on a periodic basis, and design and monitor training programs for team members at different stages
- Bridge senior management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
Monitoring and Improvement
- Analyzes Key Performance Indicators related to HR; address and recommend improvements.
- Monitor the trends in the skills needed to drive the innovation management processes.
Support the Consultants’ community Development
- Support the Business Development and Support Director, and Programs team on supporting the development of the pool of key consultants that Berytech works with to deliver its programs.
- Nurture the knowledge, engagement and learning from such consultants so it is a win-win for Berytech leading to the retention of top talented consultants.
- Help in the recruitment of such talents and the structuring of such a pool.
- Provide, when needed, sessions to the startups on HR practices and guidance as part of Berytech’s innovators’ community development.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Proven working experience as HR Director or in a similar position
- Demonstrate people skills and being results driven
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of Lebanese labor law and HR best practices
If you feel that you fit the profile, please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including in the subject email ‘Human Resources Manager’. Also include a short paragraph (100 -200 words) stating how your skills are a perfect fit to the position and describing your passion in helping startups to grow. Only resumes sent with this paragraph will be considered.
Berytech is an ecosystem for entrepreneurs, providing a dynamic environment for the creation and development of startups and SMEs, fostering innovation, technology and entrepreneurship in Lebanon.