We’re looking for a dynamic Events & Outreach officer to join our growing team & community that is driven by passionate entrepreneurs & fueled up with continuous innovation. We love outgoing people, excited about community building, PR, events, new trends & startup environment.
The Events & Outreach officer will actively implement & develop the outreach events & community projects, contributing to the growth of the entity’s communication impact. He or she will be highly involved in the support of identifying business & funding opportunities & lead generation. The range of events includes & not restricted to: corporate events, community events, trainings workshops, university roadshow, mentorship and networking activities, hackathons, ideation camps & more.
Key responsibilities and job tasks will include:
• Developing & implementing community activities, events & projects (concept, planning, logistics, follow up & PR)
• Developing & managing the PR database
• Active role in identifying, attracting & developing relationship with key stakeholders
• Contributes to attracting & following up with sponsors, media & PR members.
• Constantly explores new events, concepts, partnerships & fundraising opportunities
• Supports entrepreneurship roadshow, awareness activities & presentations
• Oversee & updates event management channels (promotion, feedback, analysis, CRM)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Degree in communication, PR, business, social sciences or equivalent from an accredited university.
• A minimum of one year professional experience. Previous training, community projects, event management, volunteer works are a plus.
• Familiarity with the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Lebanon. Strong interest in technology, innovation, PR & startup environment
• Good technical skills including Microsoft Office programs (Photoshop or similar is a plus). Familiarity with CRM is a plus
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (especially English language)
The ideal candidate is:
• Extrovert, dynamic & an excellent communicator, motivating & inspiring others
• At ease at working in a fast paced environment, handling a variety of activities
• Flexible, collaborative & adapts to changes
• Resourceful & proactive
• Excellent planning skills
• Team player & actively contributes to the growth of the organization through engagement with community members, partners, stakeholders and media
• Result-driven, proactive & eager to achieve success
• Mission driven and passionate about creating an impact