Part of the Communication & Outreach team, the Events Planner is highly involved in developing the outreach scope of Berytech and contributing to marketing and communication activities, while supporting in identifying business opportunities and lead generation.
- Growing community engagement by implementing activities, events and projects such as corporate and community events, trainings, workshops, roadshows, networking, hackathons, and ideations (Planning, logistics, follow up and PR)
- Developing and managing the database (communities, speakers, suppliers, media)
- Researching worldwide trends and innovative ideas to apply locally
- Communicate and liaise with team members to understand the event requirements including event brief, budget, fundraising needs, sponsorship needs, target audience, program, partners, and objectives
- Develop detailed proposals for each event including the action plan, budget, timeline, venue, supplier, staffing needs, budget requirements, logistics, branding requirements, etc.
- Manage the event including invitation, communications, scheduling, venue details, setup, entertainment, catering, IT requirements, resources requirement (team, mentors, guests…), and branding
- Keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials.
- Promote/sell sponsorship packages
- Liaise with community manager to promote the event to the public and the network via emails, website, and social media
- Develop post-event evaluation including data entry, analysis, lessons learned, and recommendations
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Degree: Bachelor’s or higher (Hospitality, marketing, or PR background)
- Experience: at least 1 year in Event Management
- Languages: fluency in Arabic and English, French is a plus
- Knowhow: Event planning, negotiation, report writing, research, budget management, logistics, social media
- Life Skills: extroverted, dynamic, flexible, collaborative, resourceful, proactive, results-driven
Please send your CV to email@example.com with a cover letter explaining why you fit the profile; make sure to add the job title in the subject line of your email.
Initiated in 2002 by the Saint-Joseph University, Berytech provides a dynamic environment for the creation and development of startups fostering innovation, technology and entrepreneurship.