The Fab Lab Coordinator is responsible for the overall operation of a digital Fabrication Lab [Fab Lab] and the development of programs and services that meet the needs and support youth to learn how to build almost anything using digital fabrication methods. The Coordinator is also responsible to create a community of makers.
Location: Sibline, Chouf.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB TASKS
- Manages and maintains all aspects, supports spaces and equipment resources, including hardware and software
- Maintains and updates all lab infrastructure, equipment, and software configurations
- Ensures availability, applicability and safety of equipment, parts, and materials
- Develops Fab Lab activities, scheduling spaces and modifying curriculum content
- Troubleshoots, repairs, maintains, calibrates, inspects and tests all equipment
- Manages service contracts for specific equipment
- Trains users in equipment operation
- Ensures availability of lab resources to support all users and projects
- Promotes and advocates the Fab Lab and organizes various events, workshops, and other activities
- Maintains contact with the local and international Fab Lab community to remain up-to-date on the latest innovations in digital fabrication
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Arabic and English (verbal and written)
- French is a plus
- Engineering / architectural Degree
- 3+ years of experience managing or being part of a management team of a FabLab / maker space or similar facilities
- Digital Manufacturing certificate from the Fab Academy is a big plus
- Fluent in Arabic and English (oral and written) – French is a plus
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Hands-on approach with a love for making and experimenting,
- Loves to teach
- Motivated and enthusiast
- Autonomous and social
- Open minded and easy going
- Creative but consistent
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit by email to email@example.com, mentioning the position name in the subject line
- Cover letter on why they qualify for the position
- CV, clearly demonstrating experience and skills
- Names and contact details of three references. References will not be contacted without prior consent.
Deadline for submission is 20/06/2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Berytech is an ecosystem for entrepreneurs, providing a dynamic environment for the creation and development of startups and SMEs, fostering innovation, technology and entrepreneurship in Lebanon.