Berytech is recruiting an Investment Advisor, whose main role is to deliver the Investment Readiness Program to startups and SMEs across Berytech’s various programs, including but not limited to the Water and Energy for Food Grand Challenge (WE4F) program in the MENA, as well as to support the WE4F MENA Regional Innovation Hub Investment Team in the facilitation of investments and deal brokering.
The position requires adequate knowledge in financial and investment management. It also requires the ability to work consistently while meeting urgent deadlines. The Investment Advisor will be reporting directly to the Investment Manager of the relevant program and will collaborate closely with other functions such as grant management, technical assistance, communication and knowledge management, partnerships and enabling environment, and monitoring and evaluation. The Investment Advisor will be also involved in the overall management of the program(s) on need basis.
This position requires analytical skills, financial management skills, a professional and positive attitude, organization, and dependability. This is a challenging role, but, at the same time, makes available endless opportunities and learning.
WE4F MENA Regional Innovation Hub
- Act as Country Coordinator, by managing the portfolio of innovators in Lebanon (and Yemen if applicable), serving as a point of contact between the innovators and the MENA Regional Innovation Hub.
- Support in the development of presentations, modules and workshops – with subjects ranging from investment readiness, to financial brokering and investment facilitation, and their delivery to innovators on a one-on-one basis.
- Review and analyze all documentation submitted by innovators (financial, legal, business plans, etc.)
- Support the innovators in the development and delivery of their transformational/expansion plans, including setting clear Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Key Strategic Initiatives (KSIs), qualitative and quantitative, and financial forecasts.
- Track and monitor the KSIs, KPIs and other requirements set in the WE4F innovators transformational plan, as well as the disbursement of grants and fund usage.
- Track and monitor the execution of technical assistance incidences.
- Support the innovators on determining their company valuation and investment strategy, the development of an investment teaser and pitch deck, and the selection of the right investment sources.
- Identify the adequate funding solutions including guarantee instruments, convertible debt, senior debt, mezzanine, grants with milestones, equity financing and reimbursable grants, and review related documentation where necessary.
- Support the innovators in the selection of the right investors or financiers and the negotiation of the term-sheet and company valuation to protect the interests of the WE4F innovators.
- Draft high-quality minutes of all meetings held with innovators, investors and other financiers.
- In charge of collecting, administering and organizing all relevant documentation and agreements.
- Support in other areas of the program, as deemed necessary by the management, including the launch of new calls for innovators, and in the selection process.
- Provide financial management and investment readiness advisory services to startups enrolled in programs at Berytech (Agrytech Program, Cleanergy Program, Impact Rise Program, etc.) and other Berytech activities targeting startups and SMEs.
- Participate in the launch of business and finance webinars, clinics and board meetings to selected Berytech companies helping them strengthen their finance and governance foundations to attract capital (grant, debt, equity, other) to accelerate their transformation and scalability.
- Support in the development of presentations, modules, workshops amongst other related to investment readiness, investment facilitation and deal brokering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Finance; MBA preferred, but not required.
- A CFA level certification or at an advanced stage of completion is a plus.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in the fields of financial analysis and investment management.
- Experience in a VC/PE fund, Investment banking or corporate banking would be an added advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Should possess business planning skills including financial modeling and budgeting.
- Should have a proven ability to achieve and surpass targets.
- Must demonstrate skills in communication, negotiation and presentation.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, effectively managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information to non-financial managers.
- Good problem-solver and analytical.
- Quality of investment documentation and pitches delivered by companies
- Number of startups and SMEs supported.
- Funding amount on a yearly basis (grant, debt, equity, and/or other)
- Feedback from startups and SMEs supported.
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the position name in the subject line
- Cover letter on why they qualify for the position
- CV, clearly demonstrating experience and skills
- Names and contact details of three references. References will not be contacted without prior consent.
Deadline for submission is May 15, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Berytech is an ecosystem for entrepreneurs, providing a dynamic environment for the creation and development of startups and SMEs, fostering innovation, technology and entrepreneurship in Lebanon.