As a Junior Business Developer, you will be part of Karya’s Experiences Department. You will contribute to the expansion of offerings of our products line, search for opportunities and strengths, pitch the start-up with stakeholders, and discover Lebanon from a rural perspective.
This position requires a team player, with a customer-centric attitude, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills, a professional and positive attitude, and a character who is willing to go the extra mile to reach targets and goals. The candidate should be passionate about entrepreneurship and interested in start-up operations. This position requires physical attendance at the office as well as on the field.
Key Responsibilities & Scope of Work
- Research, information collection, and data entry
- Site visits and liaison with local communities
- Draft reports and preliminary mapping for experiences
- Finalizing experiences directly with hosts
- Uploading experiences on the backend
- Follow-ups on bookings and feedback with users
- Account management for hosts & experiences
- Training hosts on how to use the app
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelors degree (BA)
- 6+ months of sales experience (personal or professional experience)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic. French is a plus!
- Dynamic personality, willing to engage with others, speak in public, set meetings, and close deals
- Strong interpersonal skills, keen to work in a team and customer-oriented environment, showing genuine support to the success of others
- Passion for entrepreneurship & start-ups, new business ideas and trends
- Car is mandatory
The ideal candidate will be:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to satisfy hosts, customers, and targets
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced professional environment with multiple tasks and deadlines
- A customer-centric attitude with the bridges to help hosts expand their profit margins
- A passion for start-ups and making a change in society
- Preferably a female candidate
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit their CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Karya is a mobile application allowing users to explore experiential tourist activities with local small-scale producers in rural areas.