The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (ME&L) Coordinator will support learning, monitoring and evaluation activities across all program areas. This will include process and tools development, data analysis, reporting and learning/reflection processes, and some evaluation.
The ME&L Coordinator will be responsible and ultimately accountable for developing and implementing programs ME&L system, providing capacity development in ME&L as needed, and developing and implementing the project’s knowledge management system, all with the ultimate objective of improving program effectiveness. The role is responsible for the implementation of project monitoring and feedback systems, responsible for ensuring all monitoring and evaluation activities are conducted in line with Berytech ME&L and donors’ standards.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB TASKS
The ME&L Coordinator is responsible for a wide range of functions which include, but are not limited to the following:
Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation standards, guidelines, methods and tools
- Contributes to the consolidation of the ME&L system in terms of SOPs, guidelines and tools development; ensure standardization and roll out of ME&L processes and tools for all Berytech’s programs;
- Develops in-house tools and data management systems to track ME&L indicators across the organization;
- Leads baseline and evaluations tasks for Programs at field level (contribution to baseline/evaluation TOR & design, coordination, tools’ revision, report review, workshop…)
- Supports project proposal writing with respect to logical frameworks, indicators and evaluation plans;
- Oversees and participates in data collection & analysis processes and control for quality;
- Monitors program progress, provides insights & recommendations to Program/Project staff and local partners to improve implementation based on ME&L data;
- Organizes and conducts Learning-to-Discussions (LADs) sessions with programs staff to reflect on findings and agree on an action plan and make sure learning are documented and maintained; Facilitate meetings with project staff;
- Develops appropriate internal evaluation systems for the organization and conducts internal evaluations where needed;
- Synthesizes data from monitoring data to generate a quality monitoring report.
- Supports in developing the Feedback, Complaint and Response Mechanism (FCRM) to respond to complaints/concerns/feedback from beneficiaries and stakeholders;
- Elaborates Berytech’s procedures in coordination with Heads of Departments and contributing to the development of the Company’s Quality Management system.
- Organizes and delivers trainings, as necessary, for staff and local partners in a variety of monitoring and evaluation topics.
Internal & External Evaluations
- Supports the management of external evaluations, including drafting ToRs, recruiting consultants and coordinating evaluation tasks;
- Ensures utilization of recommendations for future programming;
- Supports in the communication of findings to communities, partners, internal and external stakeholders as well as the uptake and use of evaluations by all intended users.
Provides oversight and management of data and information systems
- Processes, analyzes and reports data based on the appropriate standards as needed;
- Supports in streamlining reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition, aggregation and flow of information in and between programs and projects, including via the use of software/technology;
- Supports the piloting of database and manages its roll out while ensuring its alignment with other reporting requirements as needed.
Internal and External Coordination
- Establishes linkages with external stakeholders to enhance organizational learning;
- Routinely identifies and addresses shortfalls in MEL in collaboration with relevant departments, creates corrective action plans and follows up accordingly;
- Ensures knowledge management (KM), emphasizing on the staff access to a library of MEL knowledge to help them better design, implement and evaluate the program;
- Participates in ME&L related working groups and maintains close working relationships with counterparts in other relevant international NGOs, local NGOs and associations;
- Participates in external training and workshops and shares relevant resources with the team.
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Degree: Bachelor’s or higher in social sciences, economics, development, statistics or related field. Masters degree is a plus.
- Experience: at least 3-6 years’ in managing and implementing ME&L systems in development contexts or similar field.
- Languages: fluency in Arabic and English, French is a plus
- Computer: Microsoft Office, Outlook, statistical software
- Knowhow: Excellent knowledge of information presentation techniques (graphing, charting, tabling etc.), data processing and analysis, and interpretation skills
- Life Skills: Effective communication, collaboration, adaptability and flexibility, resistance to stress, teamwork, innovation and creativity
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit by email to email@example.com, mentioning the position name in the subject line
- Cover letter on why you qualify for the position
- CV, clearly demonstrating experience and skills
- Names and contact details of three references. References will not be contacted without prior consent.
Deadline for submission is 30/07/2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Berytech provides a dynamic environment for the creation and development of startups and SMEs fostering innovation, technology and entrepreneurship.