Carry the responsibility and accountability for the integrity of Berytech’s procurement system. The Procurement Manager is responsible for ensuring that the organization is able to rapidly procure supplies, services, and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- Develop and maintain Berytech’s procurement policies and procedures
- Manage, train, and control the procurement team
- operate and control procurement function to ensure peak performance that includes high ethical standards; excellent teamwork and overall efficiency in line with Berytech’s procurement policies, processes, and quality standards
- Ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance to donor-specific policies
- Lead and Coordinate in the preparation and evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations, and negotiated contract in the selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report
- Optimize delivery dates and payment terms of procurement
- Create and introduce procedures for conserving documents (guidelines, certificates, originals, contracts, user instructions) in order to capitalize on and preserve them
- Coordinate needs of Departments and work closely on needs and requirements from the different programs to develop Berytech’s system of support to all BDS needs
- Coordinate with Finance, Admin, and Projects to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors, and full, auditable support documentation
- Ensure that all supplies, services, and equipment required are delivered on time
- Establish and maintain ethical, professional working relationships with all stakeholders
- Ensure sound internal controls and segregation of duties in the procurement process
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items, and be informed of current local market conditions
- Provide procurement and operations workshops for the procurement department and other departments when needed.
- Implement and manage Berytech’s Assets Management System with the support of the Finance Department.
- Act as an ambassador to the organization
- Support other team members on projects when needed.
- Participate in Berytech-related events and networking opportunities when called upon
- Advice and assist entrepreneurs within the scope of your expertise and capacities
- Assist in tasks required from you by the organization
Requirements for position
- Fluent in Arabic and English (Oral and written) – French is a plus
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, basic software applications, and familiarity with the internet and email communications
- flexibility and adaptability
- Relationship building skills
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
Educational qualifications/ experience
- Bachelor in Business Administration or related field
- Seven to Ten(7-10 years +) years of experience in the procurement field, ideally with an NGO
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit a cover letter and a CV by email to email@example.com, adding the job title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Berytech provides a dynamic environment for the creation and development of startups and SMEs fostering innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship.