The Procurement Officer (Junior Position) carries the responsibility for the integrity of Berytech’s procurement system. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the organization is able to rapidly procure supplies, services, and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Reporting to: Director of Operations
- Implement and maintain Berytech’s procurement policies and procedures as well as ensure accordance with donor-specific policies
- Implement and manage Berytech’s assets management system with the support of the Finance Department
- Perform routine communication, coordination, and planning with all departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely order and delivery of supplies, services, and equipment, timely payment of vendors, and full, auditable support documentation
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Establish and maintain ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers
- Maintain and update the list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Facilitate bids and proposals evaluation sessions
- Act as an ambassador to the organization
- Manage procurement function to ensure peak performance that includes high ethical standards; excellent teamwork and overall efficiency in line with Berytech’s procurement policies, processes, and quality standards
- Ensure that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained
- Ensure sound internal controls and segregation of duties in the procurement process
- Support other team members on projects when needed
- Participate in Berytech-related events and networking opportunities when called upon
- Advise and assist entrepreneurs within the scope of your expertise and capacities when needed
- Bachelor’s in business administration or related field
- Two to three years of experience in the procurement field, ideally in a similar environment
- Fluency in Arabic and English (oral and written) – French is a plus
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, basic software applications, and familiarity with the internet and email communications
- Strong sense of personal integrity and attention to detail
Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the position title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Berytech is an ecosystem for entrepreneurs, providing a dynamic environment for the creation and development of startups and SMEs, fostering innovation, technology and entrepreneurship in Lebanon.