Berytech is looking to hire a Procurement Officer responsible for contracting, coordinating, planning, monitoring, and analyzing, the activities of the procurement of short-term consultants and general operations functions.
- The procurement officer must have previous experience in procuring consultants preferably for SMEs support [business, technical, certification, export support, etc].
- The Procurement Officer will be coordinating with Program heads to ensure procurement objectives are met, as well as suggest improvement to processes to increase effectiveness for all Berytech’s procurement and support activities.
- This position requires a highly motivated and detail solution-oriented individual who will be able to resolve operational critical challenges as they arise.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze the local market and keep a local suppliers database up-to-date corresponding to Berytech’s needs and criteria (quality, price, service, and ethics)
- Prepare the relevant documents for the procurement of consulting services, referring to the heads of Departments as needed
- Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations, and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report
- Procure all services approved in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with Berytech policies and donor’s policies if required
- Liaise with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness
- Implement and update (according to the needs) contracts with suppliers (check on expiry date, follow up on renewal of contracts, implementation of new contracts) in collaboration with Accounting Manager (administrative preparation of the contracts)
- Consult with heads of departments to ensure services delivery is progressing according to schedule and within budgetary guideline
- Optimize delivery dates and payment terms of procurement
- Create and introduce procedures for conserving documents (guidelines, certificates, originals, contracts, user instructions) in order to capitalize on and preserve them
- Coordinate needs of Departments and work closely on needs and requirement from the different programs to develop Berytech’s system of support to all BDS needs
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement reports
- Provide operation support for Departments when needed
- Conduct analysis of processes and procedures and report it to the Deputy GM and related Directors as needed
- Work on assessment projects as requested by the Deputy GM
- Provide reports as needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Deputy GM or a delegate
- Knowledge of procurement
- Ability to manage time, stay organized, and track his/her own work
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic (French is a plus)
- Highly computer literate, particularly with Excel
- Strong sense of integrity
- Proactive and flexible problem-solver
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision
- Ability to stay calm and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to take initiative to move outside the office and meet suppliers
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Understanding and commitment to Berytech’s values and principles
Education & Qualification
- Experience working for NGOs (preferred)
- 3-5 years’ experience working cross functionally and supporting teams
- University degree
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit a cover letter and a CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, adding the job title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline to apply is April 9, 2021.
Berytech, a leading organization in the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Lebanon, has 3 Innovation Parks supporting startups and SMEs in the Knowledge Economy. Berytech provides a conducive environment for the creation and development of startups and SMEs, through incubation, business support, counseling, funding, networking, and company hosting, hence taking part in the economic revival of the country, participating in wealth and job creation, and retaining graduates and high-level skills in Lebanon.