Berytech will work on several internationally funded programs to support SMEs in the Agri-Food Value Chain.
Berytech is therefore looking for a Program Manager who will have overall management and operational responsibility in delivering the program objectives and will serve as its day-to-day spokesperson. The position will report directly to Berytech Senior Management and coordinate with the donor partner.
The Program Manager will manage the activities of the Business Advisors and other stakeholders as they are involved in the project, including Communications & Outreach, Accounting, Finance, and Administrative staff assigned to the project. The Program Manager will oversee all short-term consultants and contractors to ensure contracts and agreements are executed and implemented to meet the standards set.
Day-to-day collaboration will be required with all team members to ensure the organization is able to achieve its objectives. A significant component of this program is to help Lebanese Agri-Food firms increase their sales, improve their performance and competitiveness and hire more employees, improving food systems. The Program Manager will be required to demonstrate understanding and experience with this approach.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and lead activities of the program to ensure that goals, objectives, and all elements are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Manage the program to determine time frame, funding limitations, budget procedures for accomplishing objectives, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the program
- Ensure that the selection and support guidelines are followed, they include but are not restricted to prospecting and enterprise identification, profiling, diagnosis and needs assessment, negotiating, reviewing, supporting activities, tracking, etc.
- Coordinate activities to promote and implement the program with governmental organizations, private sector, non-profit institutions, cooperatives, consultants, and other key stakeholders as needed
- Network with local, regional, and national agencies; nonprofit organizations; and private sector for promoting the program and for future program development. This will include delivering public presentations and communicating the project’s purpose, value, and importance to Lebanon Agri-food sector and the productive sector
- Prepare and review project reports to be presented to funding partner
- Provides technical advice and expertise to key team members and selected client companies
- Coordinate with Communications & Outreach for public outreach, press releases, public presentations of the work performed, and website development and content
- Research other funding sources to better support the selected companies
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- MBA or other advanced degree in relevant field and at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic. French is also preferred.
- Willingness/ability to travel throughout Lebanon, as needed, to deliver on the assignment
- Successful experience in managing programs
- Business acumen and experience; hands-on experience in the private sector, strong professional network to identify subject companies, assess their needs, design appreciate technical assistance support scheme, evaluating if a business proposition is worth pursuing
- Analytical skills; quantifying the impact of assistance provided to a client, estimating the profitability of an activity, and working closely with clients to close deals
- Problem-solving ability; demonstrated capability for effective ad hoc problem solving since the program will likely run into unexpected obstacles that require fast creative problem solving
- Ability to manage teams and get them to deliver as per program’s objectives, ability to bring people together, and cultivate trust in commercial relationships.
- A robust personal and professional network to select and evaluate potential client companies, identify buyers, assess new opportunities for funding or others, and making the business community aware of program capabilities and services.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Excellent Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Strong Personal and Professional Networks
If you fit the profile, please fill this application form to send us your CV and a cover letter stating why your profile is the perfect fit for the position and describing your passion for helping Lebanese SMEs grow. Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.
Deadline to apply: October 31, 2021
Berytech provides a dynamic environment for the creation and development of startups and SMEs fostering innovation, technology and entrepreneurship.