Berytech is looking for a Program Manager who will have overall management and operational responsibility in delivering the program objectives and will serve as its day-to-day spokesperson. The position will report directly to the Director of Programs – SMEs and coordinate with the donor partner.
The Program Manager will manage the activities of the Business Advisors and other stakeholders as they are involved in the project, including Communications & Outreach, Accounting, Finance, and administrative staff assigned to the project. The Program Manager will oversee all short-term consultants and contractors to ensure contracts and agreements are executed and implemented to meet the standards set.
The day-to-day collaboration will be required with all team members to ensure the organization is able to achieve its objectives. A significant component of this program is to help Lebanese women entrepreneurs enhance their businesses capacity to increase sales, exports, and create employment. The Program Manager will be required to demonstrate understanding and experience with this approach.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and lead activities of the program to ensure that goals, objectives, and all elements are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Ensure that the selection and support guidelines are followed, related but not restricted to prospecting and WOLB identification, profiling, diagnosis and needs assessment, negotiating, reviewing, designing the transformation packages, supporting activities, tracking, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the provision of grants to SMEs and financing to startups.
- Support stage A and/or B startups to mobilize funding and/or strengthen their capacities.
- Enhance the knowledge of female entrepreneurs on policy and regulatory issues while fostering networking.
- Provide business development services to selected beneficiaries and facilitate ad hoc specialized support at firm level over a period of 6 months.
- Systematically consolidate and analyze data collection on firms throughout project implementation.
- Network with local, regional, and national agencies; non-profit organizations; and private sector to promote the program and for future program development. This will include delivering presentations and communicating the project’s purpose, value, and importance to Lebanon and the productive sectors and the organization of network/forum events with women’s businesses.
- Coordinate with Communications & Outreach to develop and implement the communications and outreach plan including the dissemination of social media messages, digital marketing within the agreed advertising budget, email marketing, outreach activities including info sessions, and media relations to ensure that the project reaches a significant volume of WOLBs the country.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Degree MBA or other advanced degree in relevant field
Experience At least 10 years of relevant experience.
Languages Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic. French is also preferred.
- Business acumen and experience; hands-on experience in the private sector, strong professional network to identify Women owned/led Small and Medium Enterprises and Startups.
- Analytical skills; quantifying the impact of assistance provided to a client, estimating the profitability of an activity, and working closely with WOLB to enhance their business’s capacity to increase sales, exports, and create employment.
- Problem-solving ability; demonstrated capability for effective ad hoc problem solving since the program will likely run into unexpected obstacles that require fast creative problem-solving.
- Ability to motivate and manage teams, ability to bring people together, and cultivate trust in commercial relationships.
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Excellent Leadership and Managerial Skills.
- Strong Personal and Professional Networks.
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit a cover letter and a CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, adding the job title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Berytech is an ecosystem for entrepreneurs, providing a dynamic environment for the creation and development of startups and SMEs, fostering innovation, technology and entrepreneurship in Lebanon.