After a fruitful year in 2019, makesense Lebanon is consolidating its team in order to prepare the existing projects coming up for 2020. To support and grow the makesense community of entrepreneurs in Lebanon, we are looking for a creative and passionate individual to become our Program Manager for social entrepreneurs. You will work hand-in-hand with the local team and with the makesense global Acceleration team.
This is a great opportunity for you if you have a strong entrepreneurial mindset with a deep interest in social innovation and social entrepreneurship as a way to address climate change and social inequalities.
After a thorough training with makesensee’s Acceleration team in France (Paris), you will be in charge of:
- Coordinating and animating the existing makesense Lebanese entrepreneurs community and reaching out to new social entrepreneurs who want to join the community
- Building and animating a community of mentors
- Facilitating workshops and creating resources for social entrepreneurs
- Delivering our incubation and acceleration program for social start up (in hand with the country’s development manager and the acceleration team)
- Planning and implementing community projects with our partners
- Build tools & methodologies to always adapt our support to the evolving needs of the entrepreneurs.
More than any specific skills, we are most of all looking for an individual passionate about – and who believes in – the power of social entrepreneurship, citizen engagement and communities. However, these are other skills and qualities that we believe would make an extremely strong candidate:
- You are Lebanese and fluent in English and Arabic.
- You have at least 4 years working experience, including at least two in the entrepreneurship field, or in project management. Any experience with professional coaching is a plus.
- You’re passionate about start-up / social entrepreneurship and have a good understanding of the sector.
- You successfully managed projects involving different kinds of players: corporates, public and international institutions, universities, civil society organizations…
- You are able to enjoy the freedom given in this position (huge autonomy) while handling the responsibilities as well
- Managing projects and organizing events comes second nature for you
- You are interested in making Lebanon a better place by supporting impactful entrepreneurs
- You have design-thinking understanding and business acumen
The perks of working at makesense:
- Enjoy flexible work hours and home-office
- Work with a young, talented and passionate global team
- Be part of social & environmental transition while having fun
- Join the annual retreat in Paris with the whole team
- Pet friendly office, because life is too short.
- You will benefit from a 2 weeks training in France and you’ll keep on learning all the time with us 🙂
We’re excited to receive your application!
Send CV and a video (video to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org) explaining why you would like to join the makesense team, what excites you in this position and why you would be the ideal candidate.
- Start date: February-march 2020
- Salary + benefits are around 2000-2200 US$ net per month to be discussed based on your experience.
- Location: Beirut, Lebanon (flexible)
- Education Level: Master degree
- Experience Level: > 4 year
- Remote work is part of our culture
Any questions? Please get in touch at email@example.com
- Contract Type: Full-Time
- Start Date: 24 February 2020
- Location: Beirut, Lebanon (1100)
- Education Level: Master’s Degree
- Experience: > 4 years
- Possible partial remote
- Salary: between 2000$ and 2200$ / month
- Deadline is the 20th of December 2019
At makesense we believe that to solve the social and environmental issues of our time, everyone in society has a role to play. makesense exists to be the catalyst that allows each actor to have a positive impact.
Our mission is to inspire and empower all the actors to build an inclusive and sustainable society together.
We are an international team of more than 80 individuals staff based in France, Mexico, Senegal, Peru, Lebanon and the Philippines. In 8 years, we have supported 4000 entrepreneurs, 100,000 citizens and 200 organizations.