The program manager will join the vibrant Berytech team to manage an entrepreneurship and innovation program in the field of innovation, entrepreneurship and technology transfer field, with the objective to empower local stakeholders in strengthening their capacity in technology transfer and innovation support and implement adequate initiatives to grow innovative businesses and IP based innovation projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB TASKS
Management, Implementation and monitoring of the program’s activities within the budget, time and the scope defined:
- Manage the full fledge program’s activities with the support of the team, including the action plan, activity design, budget, timeline, supplier, staffing needs, budget requirements, logistics, branding requirements, reporting and relationship with local and international partners and stakeholders.
- Act as a local focal point for the overall program responsible of partners’ activities: Plan, Oversee and support in the overall management, implementation and coordination of tasks of the programs’ partners insuring a strong follow up on administrative, financial and management requirements and processes and monitoring of partners’ activities to meet the program’s KPIs and timeline.
- Prepare and continuously monitor the implementation plan in coordination with the Projects Lab Director.
- Develop and implement project activities on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Manage programs’ requirements by supervising a programs coordinator and in coordination with concerned departments including planning, execution, follow up, outreach and mobilization of stakeholders, budgeting, monitoring and reporting.
- Maintain and manage relationships with programs’ stakeholders including follow up with partners, beneficiaries and donors to understand project requirements, liaise for projects implementation and grow the scope of opportunities in the field.
- Contribute to the program knowledge development through researching new practices, developing reports, networks and improving existing tools of the programs in the required fields, valorising partners tools, resources and expertise.
- Manage the program’s mobilization and targeted outreach activities such as corporate events, development and management of innovation communities and virtual exchange.
- Develop and Manage the program’s business support and ecosystem activities, in coordination with the responsible team members, partners or external consultants. Activities include and are not limited to: capacity building, coaching and mentoring, open innovation, technical assistance, innovation bootcamps, entrepreneurship training and events, business roundtables, train of trainer, advocacy meetings and business conferences.
- Map and Facilitate linkages and matchmaking (in person and virtual) with Lebanon, Mediterranean and European stakeholders, with the aim of building business development opportunities and partnerships.
- Build and maintain relationships with local and international ecosystem partners, donors and the community and take part in networking activities and events where relevant.
Prepare reports for upper management and donors regarding status of project:
- Produce reporting on the progress and status of projects ensuring that issues are escalated and managed as required.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Prepare the projects’ reporting following the templates shared by the donors.
- Valorize and share the program’s learning with other peers.
- Support in developing and processing the department’s targeted database (startups, experts, partners etc), monitoring and evaluation documents and department processes.
- Attend events, conferences, and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- Lead on organizing projects’ activities (outreach, business support etc) with the support of the relevant departments.
- Participate in Berytech-related events and networking opportunities when called upon.
- Assist in tasks required by the organization.
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in economics, engineering, or relevant majors.
- Experience: 8+ years of experience, preferably in the technology, innovation and entrepreneurship field with a minimum of 5 years experience in a managerial role.
- Language: Fluent in Arabic and English, French is a Plus.
- Strong experience in building and managing partnerships and business development opportunities. Experience is supporting startup businesses is a plus.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of technology trends. Working with industrial sectors and/or understanding of industry value chain is a plus (especially in the field of environment, agrifood, health and ICT).
- Proven understanding and/or experience in EU programs.
- Strong business acumen and a good understanding of entrepreneurship.
- Strong understanding of IP and technology transfer, is a plus.
- Critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Coordination experience or management of projects.
- Good interpersonal skills, keen to work in a team environment and customer oriented.
- Self-starter, resourceful, Initiative taker, able to make decisions.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced professional environment with multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office programs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team work, supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough understanding of cost accounting principles and procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Knowledge in project management tools is a plus.
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit their applications here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Berytech is a leading organization in the Entrepreneurial Eco-system in Lebanon, that aims to provide a conducive environment for the creation and development of startups, through incubation, business support, counseling, funding, networking, and company hosting, hence taking part in the economic revival of the country, participating in wealth and job creation, and retaining graduates and high-level skills in Lebanon.