The programs manager will join the vibrant Berytech team to manage a portfolio of entrepreneurship and innovation programs in the environment and sustainability fields, targeting Lebanon and the Mediterranean region with the objective to support the creation and development of sustainable green businesses.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB TASKS
Management and Implementation of the program’s activities within the budget, time and the scope defined
- Assist in the definition and development of project scope and objectives.
- Develop activities process including the action plan, budget, timeline, venue, supplier, staffing needs, budget requirements, logistics, branding requirements, agenda, format, content etc.
- Prepare the implementation project plan in coordination with the Projects Lab Director.
- Develop and implement project activities on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Manage programs’ requirements supervising a programs coordinator and in coordination with concerned departments including planning, execution, follow up, outreach and mobilization of stakeholders, budgeting, monitoring, and reporting.
- Maintain and manage relationship with programs’ stakeholders including follow up with partners, beneficiaries, and donors to understand project requirements, liaise for projects implementation and grow the scope of opportunities in the field.
- Add value and explore opportunities through researching new practices, networks and improving existing tools of the programs in the required fields.
- Participate in research and consultancy missions related to innovation and entrepreneurship.
Business & technical support, Access to market opportunities and linkages
- Assist in the development and management of the programs business support activities, in coordination with the responsible team members or external consultants. Activities include but not limited to: capacity building, coaching and mentoring, technical assistance, innovation bootcamps, entrepreneurship training and events.
- Provide access to market and funding opportunities for programs’ beneficiaries in particular sectors by building and developing partnerships with industry players, partners, academia, investors etc… and running matchmaking events and initiatives.
- Support and manage activities for the empowerment of ecosystem players such as: business roundtables, train of trainer, advocacy meetings, and business conferences.
- Build and maintain relationships with local and international ecosystem partners, donors, and the community and take part in networking activities and events where relevant.
Prepare reports for upper management and donors regarding status of project
- Produce reporting on the progress and status of projects ensuring that issues are escalated and managed as required.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Prepare the projects’ reporting following the templates shared by the donors.
Oversee project admin tasks
- Market intelligence: Support in developing and processing the department’s targeted database (startups, experts, partners etc).
- File all the required documents and sheets on a common platform.
- Support in the research needed.
- Support in handling the logistics of the events.
- Attend events, conferences, and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- Lead on organizing projects’ activities (outreach, business support etc) with the support of the relevant departments.
- Participate in Berytech related events and networking opportunities when called upon.
- Assist in tasks required by the organization.
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- A least a Bachelor’s degree in economics, engineering or environmental fields, or relevant majors.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in project management preferably in the entrepreneurship and innovation fields.
- Strong experience in building and managing partnerships and business development opportunities.
- Strong business acumen and good understanding of entrepreneurship.
- Critical thinking and attention to details.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, and French is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Coordination experience or management of projects.
- Good interpersonal skills, keen to work in a team environment and customer oriented.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, knowledge in project management tools is a plus.
- Self-starter, resourceful, Initiative taker, able to make decisions.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced professional environment with multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Experience and knowledge in environmental sectors is a plus.
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit a cover letter and a CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, adding the job title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline to apply: October 31, 2021
Berytech is a leading organization in the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Lebanon offering the right and vibrant environment for innovative entrepreneurs to create and develop startups and SMEs, through incubation, business support, networking, mentoring, funding, access to markets and company hosting.