The Project Implementation Expert is assigned to supervise and document the implementation of the partner organizations and to support the senior management in organizing the new project. It is an all-rounder position that requires energy, passion for organizing, systematic thinking, understanding of the reasons for poverty in the Middle East, good planning, diplomatic communication skills, and commitment. Frequent travels to partner organizations in the East and North of Lebanon are required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB TASKS
- Assisting the Head of Project to keep the WHH representation operational.
- Assisting the Head of Project to coordinate the team.
- Liaison with local and national authorities, and Lebanese partners.
- Organization of project-related activities.
- Follow-up on contracts with partner organizations in Baalbek, Beirut and other locations.
- Follow-up on implementation of partner organizations and solving any related issues in Baalbek, Beirut, and other locations.
- Linking partners with relevant stakeholders.
- Follow-up on reporting of partner organizations.
- Supporting to produce donor reports.
- Coordination with partner organizations and stakeholders.
- Organizing weekly updates with partner organizations.
- Organizing quarterly coordination meetings with partners.
- Organizing needed technical expertise.
- Organizing capacity building of partners.
- Supporting the development of proposals (project design, budgeting, contextualization, etc.).
- Solving issues between the WHH department and local partners.
- Assuring the smooth implementation of projects in an efficient way and that partners deliver a good quality of services.
- Making sure that partners follow the humanitarian standards (CHS).
- Identifying new partners and organizing assessments.
- Contributing to project documentation and filing systems.
- Monitoring and evaluation.
- Supporting the M&E officer in the development of M&E-related tools.
- Making sure of the coherence between program/implementation and M&E.
- Working with the WHH Finance Department to ensure management of relevant support department costs.
- Supporting partner organizations in conducting regular expenditure forecasts of the projects.
- Conducting monthly budget versus actual expenditure (BvA) meetings with partner organizations.
- Understanding related procurement policies and procedures of Welthungerhilfe and relevant donors.
- Coordinating procurement-planning of partners with implementation.
Human Resource Management:
- Assisting in recruiting of WHH Lebanon office team and consultants and coordinating team members.
- Following up on consultancy contracts.
- Standing in for the Head of Project when necessary to represent Welthungerhilfe at relevant government, donor, UN, or inter agency meetings.
- With the Head of Project, contributing to national-level NGO / UN coordination efforts to facilitate effective humanitarian intervention in the country.
- Understanding and complying with all of Welthungerhilfe’s policies and procedures (finance, logistics, HR, PSEA policy, Code of Conduct, etc).
- Undertaking other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Head of Project.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Master’s degree in a related field (e.g. Business, Supply chain management, International Development, International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Agriculture).
- At least 5 years of experience working in livelihood projects.
- At least 2 years of experience working with international organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for working in a multi-ethnic environment.
- Excellent moderation skills.
- Proven experience in project work, and knowledge of project management terminology.
- Prior experience in delivering tasks according to tight deadlines.
- Good skills in anticipating problems and developing solutions.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to deal with administration and documentation.
- Willingness to travel frequently to rural and vulnerable field locations, including camps.
- Excellent conduct of English written and spoken.
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel as well as accounting packages & other database competencies.
- Desirable 2 years of job experience relevant to the function, in a comparable environment with non-governmental organizations.
- Working in value chain support interventions or agriculture.
- Working knowledge of ODA systems and international donor regulations.
Submit your application on the following link.
Application deadline: August 28, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest private aid agencies in Germany; politically and religiously independent. The organization fights for “Zero Hunger by 2030”. Since being founded in 1962, it has provided funding of EUR 4.46 billion for more than 10,895 overseas projects in 70 countries.