Berytech is looking to expand its team by hiring a QOOT Cluster Officer, responsible for providing operational and administrative assistance to the QOOT Cluster.
The Officer ensures follow up with QOOT Cluster members and successful coordination and implementation of the various activities.
QOOT Lebanon Agri-Food Innovation Cluster is targeted at strengthening the capabilities of its members by integrating innovative tools, solutions, and products and promoting Lebanese Agri-food sector abroad.
Scope of Work
- Assist in the execution, follow up and monitoring of the cluster’s various activities
- Help develop and implement the Cluster’s strategy
- Support coordination mechanisms
- Liaise with and assist the cluster manager to ensure smooth functioning of activities
- Assist in organizing cluster’s meetings, workshops and events
- Improve cooperation between cluster members, universities, partners and innovation stakeholders
- Motivate the cluster members, increasing their commitment and participation levels
- Help in assessing the needs and everyday challenges of the members, and plan activities accordingly
- Help evaluate and monitor the activities including records on success stories
- Follow up continuously with cluster members to meet deadlines, and provide support where needed
- Assist in developing, preparing and formatting documents, including reports, minutes of meetings, PowerPoint presentations
- Maintain and update members, associate members and partners’ databases and mailing lists
- Support in creating procedures and forms
- Perform other related duties in accordance with instructions from the cluster manager and board members
- Assist in organizing events and activities related to the cluster
- Develop contents useful for the communication, e.g. success stories about the members
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to gain the trust of cluster stakeholders and build trust within the cluster
- Build the face-to-face connections across the cluster; building the cluster’s eco system and increases the intensity of interactions within the cluster
- Act as a natural networker, a consensus builder, a bridge builder across the cluster
- Be transparent in terms of strategy, yet able to hold confidences.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have/Be
- Bachelor’s in B.Sc. in Agriculture, Food technology, Business, Economics or related field
- Computer skills: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Language Skills: fluency in English and Arabic. French is a plus.
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience in projects coordination
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work in matrix environment
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment, strong interpersonal skills
- Organized, pragmatic, motivated, positive
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, keen to work in a team
If you feel that you fit the profile, please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including only in the subject email ‘QOOT Cluster Officer Position’. Also include a short paragraph (100-200 words) stating how your skills are a perfect fit to the position and describing your passion in helping startups to grow. Only resumes sent with this paragraph will be considered.
Championed by Berytech and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and supported by FoodValley Company, QOOT Lebanon Agri-Food Innovation Cluster brings together SMEs and existing companies in Lebanon’s agri-food sector, creating a synergistic environment that fosters innovation, collaboration, prosperity and growth. The core objective is to bring Lebanese agri-food industries on par with the most innovative economies globally, thus reclaiming Lebanon’s place on the world food innovation map.