Mevacor is looking to hire an R&D Mechanical Engineer for its Beirut office to start by July 15, 2022. The applicant will be responsible for developing and improving a wide range of production processes. The role requires a variety of technical engineering skills ranging from mechanical designs to process controls.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB TASKS
Under appropriate direction, the applicant will be required to:
- Support the Research and Development (R&D) organization in medical device product development specifically all catheter and implant systems, by using engineering tools and principles to design products, processes, equipment, tooling and components as needed according to the design control procedure.
- Support assigned R&D projects, including general problem-solving, product performance characterization, material research/analysis, process development and pilot manufacturing support.
- Find and deal with suppliers, machine shops and other means for prototyping purposes.
- Run simulation software such as Matlab and Ansys.
- Run and design CAD using SolidWorks and other software.
- Run Experimental Testing on cadaveric animals and phantom tissues and other systems to test and validate prototypes.
- Research, develop, design, and evaluate mechanical components and sub-assemblies, such as molded/extruded components, machined metals, catheters etc.
- Investigate and evaluate new and existing technologies for use in future products or improve the quality/reliability of current products.
- Document all new ideas to be used for intellectual property (patents).
- Maintain detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.
- The applicant will be working and trained by two engineers in Beirut.
- The applicant will be working with the American team and suppliers.
- The location of the job is currently Beirut BDD district.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Proficient in ideating, prototyping and designing products.
- Proficient in turning concepts into parts and assemblies that can be manufactured.
- Experience using Solidworks is mandatory.
- Experience using microcontrollers/microprocessors and electronics is preferable.
Send your CV to: email@example.com, with the following subject line “R&D Mechanical Engineer Position”.
Application deadline: July 20, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Meacor is a start-up developing novel minimally invasive medical devices with a special focus on transcatheter interventions for valvular disease.