Berytech is looking to hire a Senior Accountant. The senior accountant’s responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
- Reviewing journal entries by junior accountants.
- Coaching and supervising junior team members.
- Preparing expense reports and periodic financial reports.
- Preparing an aging report, VAT, salary debit notes, and social security schedules in coordination with external auditors.
- Reviewing bank reconciliations.
- Ensuring a monthly financial closing, generating the P&L and cash flow, providing necessary analysis, and proposing practical recommendations to the Senior Management Team.
- Directing, controlling and monitoring the maintenance of accounting systems and data, and the presentation of financial data for both internal managerial purposes and external reporting requirements.
- Monitor cash management process including forecasting, wire transfer requests, management of bank accounts etc.
- Assisting with audit preparations by implementing a financial document filing system for the program to ensure that the project is always “audit-ready”.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, discrepancies, and matters of non-compliance.
- Implementing financial policies and procedures for project ensuring proper segregation of duties and other internal controls.
- Monitoring project spending versus approved budget and report regularly to Finance Management.
- Ensuring the financial compliance and consistency with Berytech’s policies and procedures, as well as compliance with the terms of any donor agreements (USAID, EU, etc.).
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets when needed.
- Performing other accounting duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university international certificate is a plus.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, preferably in NGOs or service companies.
- Fluent in Arabic and English, French is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in Lebanese Ministry of Finance regulations, IFRS, and SSNF.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office programs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good verbal and written communication skill.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly meticulous, organized, pragmatic, curious, motivated, and positive.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough understanding of cost accounting principles and procedures.
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit their applications here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Berytech is a leading organization in the Entrepreneurial Eco-system in Lebanon, that aims to provide a conducive environment for the creation and development of startups, through incubation, business support, counseling, funding, networking, and company hosting, hence taking part in the economic revival of the country, participating in wealth and job creation, and retaining graduates and high-level skills in Lebanon.