The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer provides technical direction for all M&E related systems, processes, analysis, and reporting across Berytech’s program portfolio and contributes to new business development initiatives.
The Senior Officer is responsible for developing in-house tools and data management systems to track M&E indicators across the organization. Additionally, the Senior Officer provides technical support and contributes to staff training and mentoring in areas of evaluation, data collection and analysis, learning agenda development and other project-level M&E-related deliverables.
The Senior Officer represents Berytech to external audiences to showcase project impacts and achievements. The work is carried out in close collaboration with Berytech’s program division and builds knowledge on how the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem works.
Key Responsibilities & Scope of Work
The Senior Officer is responsible for a wide range of functions which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides technical leadership in monitoring and evaluation systems and processes across the organization;
- Synthesizes historical project successes and finalizes and aggregates organizational M&E indicators across a range of past and ongoing projects;
- Provides technical guidance and direction for, and review of, Berytech’s M&E activities and resulting deliverables including reports and the annual Impact report;
- Serves as a technical expert to support field-based projects in the design, implementation, and management of M&E systems to include the development of design and implementation of special surveys and studies, and help develop other indicator tracking tools as required;
- Informs and develops M&E approaches and strategies as required in support of new business development;
- Develops and/or revises M&E templates as a part of organization-wide effort to improve project reporting capabilities;
- Represents Berytech and serves as a thought-leader for M&E to external audiences, as well as internally to Berytech staff;
- Delivers trainings, as necessary, for staff in a variety of monitoring and evaluation, data collection and analysis topics; and
- Supports the systematic reporting of M&E data across Berytech’s programs portfolio.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with large amounts of data;
- Strong skills related to M&E tools such as data management systems (e.g. MS Access, MS Excel)
- Ability to train others on M&E, data collection and analysis, developing Learning Agendas, etc.;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- Accuracy, attention to detail and client focused with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team using a solution-oriented approach;
- Ability to relate to and communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders;
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication in English and Arabic, and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of a third language is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a fast-moving team, willingness to contribute at different levels required to achieve success, self-motivated and ability to work independently; and
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Evaluation, Social Sciences, Economics or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in designing monitoring and evaluation activities in support of donor funded projects.
- Experience supporting business development efforts, including the development of responsive M&E Plans, draft Performance Monitoring Plans (PMP), learning agendas, etc.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Government (USAID, IATI) monitoring and evaluation requirements.
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit by email to email@example.com, mentioning the position name in the subject line:
- Cover letter on why they qualify for the position
- CV, clearly demonstrating experience and skills
- Names and contact details of three references. References will not be contacted without prior consent.
Deadline for submission is September 22, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.