The senior programs manager will join the vibrant Berytech team to oversee the operational management of a portfolio of entrepreneurship and innovation programs, targeting Lebanon and the Mediterranean region with the objective to support the creation and development of novel and scalable businesses.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB TASKS
Your key responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
Assist the projects lab director in:
- The definition and development of project scope and objectives.
- Research and support in the development of program proposals and business development opportunities.
- Follow up on partnership and proposal development.
Program Inception, Implementation, Operations , Reporting & Closure:
- Confirm and develop and follow up on the program’s scope of activities, operational and communication plan, budget, reporting requirements and logistics.
- Manage the Program Managers team and support them as needed in operations and in engaging Community Partners, performing outreach and selecting startups, organising pitching events, conducting interviews / site visits / due diligence and providing group training & customized workshops.
- Oversee the program’s implementation and address any issues.
- Prepare donor reporting with contributions from the Program Managers, Finance Manager, and Communications & outreach department.
- Ensure all program activities and team behaviours comply with Berytech internal rules and regulations.
- Ensure the collection, archiving and sharing of knowledge, tools and resources generated.
- Organize an end-of-project feedback session and produce a “lessons learnt” document to ensure continuous improvement within Berytech.
Team Management for programs’ operations:
- Onboard and manage the new joiners team members on the program.
- Provide regular team coaching, performance feedback.
- Ensure smooth internal communications and delegation amongst team members.
- Follow up on team member’s job description and objectives.
- Oversee the implementation of programs operations and activities.
- Develop program management processes and follow up with the team.
- Confirm the program’s budget, disbursement schedule and financial reporting framework – as proposed by the Finance department.
- Monitor and challenge financial reports, disbursements, SE’s budget spending, variance and reforecasts as well as proper data assurance, archiving, data protection, information submitted to external auditors.
- Handle all budget discussions with the donor, in coordination with the Finance Department.
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Education: bachelor’s degree in economics, engineering, or relevant majors from an accredited university, international certificate is a plus.
- Experience: 10+ of relevant work experience in project management preferably in the entrepreneurship and innovation fields with a minimum of 5 years in a managerial position.
- Language: Fluent in Arabic and English, French is a Plus.
- Certificate in project management.
- Strong experience in programs operations management, preference goes for EU projects management experience including understanding of budgets, resources planning, activity design and development, research and analysis, reporting, processes etc.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office programs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proven skills in critical thinking, assessment, and analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability of managing a team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the position name in the subject line, while attaching their CV, clearly demonstrating experience and skills and contact details.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Berytech is a leading organization in the Entrepreneurial Eco-system in Lebanon, that aims to provide a conducive environment for the creation and development of startups, through incubation, business support, counseling, funding, networking, and company hosting, hence taking part in the economic revival of the country, participating in wealth and job creation, and retaining graduates and high-level skills in Lebanon.