The Social Media Officer contributes to the development of Berytech’s social media strategies and policies and takes the lead in their implementation; helps develop and implements social media guidelines, procedures and tools; and provides expert advice to increase visibility, awareness, understanding and support for Berytech’s mission, vision, corporate objectives, activities, and programs.
The Officer is also responsible for social media research into practices and trends; monitoring, analysing and reporting on comments and conversations on Berytech as well as external social media sites; and responding to inquiries/comments.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB TASKS
- Help develop and implement Berytech’s social media communication strategy and plan for each program and activity on multiple channels and accounts
- Manage Berytech’s social media accounts (daily and campaigns)
- Identify content to post by working with the content developer and digital marketing consultant
- Schedule all posts to the various networks using social media planning tools
- Monitor and respond to comments and enquiries, engage in dialogues where it’s appropriate
- Proactively engage with followers and relevant communities
- Provide insights on what content will work well on social media
- Measure and analyze KPIs including audience growth, audience profile, audience engagement, content reach, engagement by content type, leads, response rate and quality, and negative feedback
- Monitoring social media trends
- Track and observe new tools, trends and application
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Degree Bachelor’s or higher in communication, public relations or related field
Experience at least 1-2 years in social media management
Languages fluency in Arabic and English, French is a plus
Computer Microsoft Office, social media planning platforms and analysis tools
- An avid social media user
- Extensive knowledge of social media landscape, platforms, and technologies
- Strong written, editing, and proof-reading skills
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Strong team player
- Creative and innovative
- Result-oriented with attention to detail
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Dynamic self-starter and comfortable in taking initiative
- Highly motivated
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the position name in the subject line
- Cover letter on why they qualify for the position
- CV, clearly demonstrating experience and skills
- Portfolio of current social media channels under management
- Names and contact details of three references. References will not be contacted without prior consent.
Deadline for submission is September 8, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Initiated in 2002 by the Saint-Joseph University, Berytech provides a dynamic environment for the creation and development of startups fostering innovation, technology and entrepreneurship.