Berytech has launched the third edition of the Future Agro Challenge – Lebanon, a global competition that targets food and agri-business startups from various corners of the globe, including Lebanon.
The competition is co-funded in Lebanon by the Kingdom of the Netherlands and Berytech, and is organized under the Agrytech Accelerator Program.
Lebanese agri-food startups compete in the local competition to win the title of “Lebanese Agripreneur of the Year” along with other valuable prizes.
The winner of the local competition makes it to the international finals to represent Lebanon at the Global Agripreneurs Summit and compete with the most promising agri-food startups from across the world for the title of “Agripreneur of the Year.”
The competition is open for ideas in: foodtech, agtech, agroforestry and husbandry, food or beverage product or retail, nutrition and health, safety and health, packaging and logistics, agriculture education, food security and sustainability, agriculture tourism, food waste, agriculture production and processing.
The competition will take place as follows:
- Deadline for the submission of applications: June 30, 2020
- Selection of the 10 finalists: July 4, 2020
- Online training: July 8, 2020
- Lebanese Final: July 10, 2020
- Lebanese Agripreneur of the year competing globally: October 2020
Your venture must:
- be younger than 5 years
- have an innovative or scalable business idea or model in the agrifood innovation sector (ranging anywhere from farm to fork)
- transform a community, a nation, a region, or have global impact
- have a Minimum Viable Product
- have a clear business model and customer segment
- have received market traction
- have a unique, strong and applicable technology or innovation
To submit your application, kindly go to https://berytech.org/competitions/fac/