The ACT Smart Innovation Hub is a new out-of-the-box approach by Berytech aimed at strengthening business advancement and job creation in the Agri-food and Cleantech sectors in Lebanon. Berytech is recruiting for a Deputy Program Director for the Hub.
The Deputy Program Director [DPD] will be leading the ACT Smart Innovation Hub activities including 2 specialised Startup Accelerators, an SMEs Innovation Cluster, and a Think Tank platform in partnership with AUB-Issam Fares Institute. The DPD will be responsible for managing the team outcome, monitoring their output, following up on all their tasks, and ensuring the business continuity.
He/she will be responsible for the operations management, planning, promotion, and development of the Hub. He/she will ensure the day-to-day smooth running of the hub’s pillars, with high client satisfaction levels focusing on creating the best possible environment in which Cleantech and Agri-Food Innovation related startups and SMEs can grow and succeed.
This position requires a team player with leadership qualities, excellent communication skills, a professional and positive attitude, and high organizational skills. This is a challenging role, yet one which offers great opportunities for the successful candidate to enjoy a fruitful learning journey.
The DPD is responsible for leading the Hub’s activities with a team of managers and experts who will be responsible for the implementation of the Hub’s pillars. The role is inclusive of the following:
- Overall planning and management of the activities alongside the team managers, resources, skills and operations of the Hub. This includes but is not limited to, the below projects:
- Accelerators through all phases
- Outreach activities
- QOOT Cluster activities
- Satellite projects: DAWERR | Think Tanks | IP Valorization
- Assisting program participants in setting project objectives and deadlines
- Overseeing the implementation of the different programs, building on learning and ensuring clear implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning mechanism
- Guiding program participants on the path to building finalized products and ensuring they are ready for the market and to access financing
- Events and workshops: Planning various technical workshops/events/webinars for the program, and executing the same with the help of team members and external consultants
- Mentor Network: Developing the mentor network with the support of your team for the accelerators and work with them to make the Incubated venture successful.
- Partnerships: forging partnerships with other organizations for providing services to the startups, SMES or Berytech; marketing the Hub, identifying sponsorship opportunities, etc. Liaising with the government and industries along with your sector specialists and Cluster Manager.
- Leading on preparing all required reports needed by the management and donor representatives. Providing visibility to the program director/DGM on the progress, budget, and timelines
- Documenting all activities with the teams
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s and master’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. MBA, PMP certification are a plus
- Demonstrated facilitation and project management capabilities with a track record of accomplishing goals on deadline
- Ability to present complex ideas in simple terms and obtain buy-in from stakeholders
- Ability to understand and translate market/customer needs into well-conceived, cost-effective solutions and proposals
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management across various organizations
- 8-10 years of work experience in related fields
- Previous experience working with startups is a plus
- Previous experience with a donor-funded program is a plus
The ideal candidate will be
- Strong in problem solving, at ease with numbers
- Excellent in organizational and analytical skills
- Results-driven, initiative-taker, proactive, resilient
- A diplomat with excellent abilities to motivate people
- Highly meticulous, organized, pragmatic, curious, motivated, positive
- Demonstrate excellent skills in communication, management and leadership
Please fill this application form to send us your CV and any additional information that supports your application and explains how you fit the profile.
Deadline to apply: December 20, 2020.
Berytech's ACT Smart Innovation Hub initiative is running over 36 months from September 2019 to August 2022. It includes two accelerator programs (Agrytech and Cleanergy). Through this initiative, Berytech aims to create 200 direct job opportunities and 400 indirect job opportunities with at least 50% linked to youth and 25% linked to women. Berytech is working closely with Academia on converting Intellectual Property (IP) into commercialized solutions. Berytech is also proposing policy reforms and establishing lobbying and coordination structures that will last beyond the lifetime of the program. All the above is done using local and Dutch know-how and expertise throughout the process.