Fondation Liban Cinema (FLC) is a private association that supports the development of cinema industry in Lebanon and a pioneer in the history of Lebanese cinema. Fondation Liban Cinema is born from the active will of professionals who wanted to place Lebanon on the international cinematographic scene. The FLC offers to be the motor of this industry.
FLC plays a powerful and effective federating role in the Lebanese audiovisual industry, by supporting the development of competitive Lebanese film industry and establishing Lebanon as a prominent international production location.
They Support the development of the film industry in Lebanon by:
- Organizing annual workshops for filmmakers and specialized seminars.
- Stimulating the development of Lebanese funds to support and finance local films.
They Facilitate local film production by:
- Launching a database of the Lebanese audiovisual professionals in Lebanon and abroad.
- Assembling and disseminating the right information and assisting in the administrative procedures with the appropriate public bodies.
They Promote Lebanon as a key destination for international film production by:
- Hosting, organizing, and participating in regional and international festivals and events.
- Crafting and creating bridges between local and international professionals.
- Participating in the public debates that contribute to the policy making process offering financial incentives for film makers.
They Preserve the Lebanese audiovisual heritage by:
- Restoring and digitalizing old feature films and the archives of old public productions.
- Making such archives available for research and filmmaking.