Berytech launched the Special Edition of the Agrytech Accelerator Program in May 2022 to continue supporting startups with innovations across the agri-food sector, offering them the resources, knowledge, and funding to scale their ideas and grow into an international business with global impact. Agrytech is a program co-funded by Berytech and the Kingdom of The Netherlands.
Incubation & Growth
Ten startups joined this six-month of Agrytech Special Edition and 6 were selected to complete the second and final phase in which they will receive coaching services on all aspects of product development, launching, scaling, and Intellectual Property. The teams will be allowed to test and validate their solutions with the provided support using the Living Lab approach.
During the first phase, the teams worked to develop their minimum viable product – MVP or prototype and test it with early adopters. They received capacity building in the form of training sessions, coaching, and one-on-one to establish their business from financial, marketing, management, and operational levels. The teams also participated in an Investment Competition organized by Berytech, the competition helps the startups experience a simulation of real-life investor pitch conditions, allowing the startups to practice their pitches and receive feedback from experts.
The 10 startups pitched their innovations in front of a jury that selected the winning 6 startups. The jury included Ramy Boujawdeh, COO of Berytech; Dani Lichaa El Khoury, Project Manager UN FAO; Hill Skaf, Business Development Consultant; John Fawaz, CEO of Debbane Group; Sabine Saliba, Investment Manager at Merit Invest; Elie Akhrass, Program Coordinator of iSME Funds at Kafalat and Rima Freiji, Advisory Board Member of ACT Smart Innovation Hub.
Selected startups are:
- Brisky: Working on making pre-cooked and dehydrated meals with an extended shelf life and no preservatives.
- Kenza Kitchen: Working on creating vegetable wraps using local organic or natural vegetables and fruits.
- Legendairy: Working on plant-based dairy alternative products making plant-based dairy accessible, affordable, and optimal for consumers.
- Little Melly: Working on creating freshly made and additive-free baby food making fresh and healthy baby food accessible to today’s busy yet health-conscious parents.
- REMER: Working on a mixed culture of naturally occurring beneficial organisms that can be applied as soil inoculants.
- WhiteLogs: Working on promoting mushroom cultivation by providing products and services for mushroom farmers.
“We helped these startups to fine-tune their business model, develop their products, create and upgrade their brand identity, plan their marketing and go-to-market strategies and we prepared them to pilot launch their new products in the market. In the next phase of the Agrytech Special Edition the startups will be armed with a business plan, a pitch deck, an investment teaser, financial projections, and company valuation putting them on the right track to seek and receive investment,” explains Soha Nasser, Agrifood Specialist at Berytech who’s been working closely with the teams.
About The Agrytech Accelerator Program
Berytech is catalyzing agri-food innovations through a yearly three-phase program that allows entrepreneurs to grow their startup from an idea into a scalable business.
With the support of The Kingdom of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Berytech designed and developed the Agrytech program to make sure Lebanon has the most competitive companies innovating in the agri-food sector.